Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Favorite amp/preamp for Eminence EUB?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Yamarc, May 28, 2004.

1. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    I just got one of these babies from a good friend who is getting out of the worl of EUBs. It doesn't work so well in my iamp 350 low or hi inputs so I was wondering what you guys have found to be the best suited for the emmie's hot realist pup.

2. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    I have used a K&K Pure Preamp for my Eminence much of the time. I find it enhances clarity in situations where I need it, even when set flat, as well as providing a local volume control (I clip it to my belt, edge of a music stand, or to the Eminence stand) when the amp is further away from me.

The Fishman Pro-EQ Platinum Bass is a great box that I've also taken out with it, mostly to audition it before carrying it. If you need the features it offers, it earns its rep as the Swiss Army Knife for bass.

Disclaimer: I sell all this stuff as well as using it.

3. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    I find the Emmie to be more difficult to get a balanced tone out of. I have had an NS design and an Azola BBII with the 3 band eq onboard, the Emmie sounds better outright but requires the "upright touch" to really sound good. Will the Fishman tame some of the high of the realist and bring more balance? Or is this up to my hands also?