Favorite bass comparison video?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Doug4321, May 9, 2021.

1. Doug4321

Doug4321

May 29, 2017
    Oregon
    I really like this one. 10 classic basses. Could do without the Ace Ventura though.
    But I really like the era of music, and the way he coaxes out the characteristic sounds. I keep going back to this, rather than the videos where they just rather dryly play the same thing on different basses for empirical, objective purposes.

Yours?

2. Vinny_G

Vinny_G

Dec 1, 2011
    Neustria

droo46 likes this.
  3. I love Guitar Bank's videos.

4. Vinny_G

Vinny_G

Dec 1, 2011
    Neustria
    Me too ;)
    Edit: And I also really like your videos, btw.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    droo46 likes this.
  5. mini-milli

mini-milli

Aug 6, 2020
  6. You are too kind. :D

Vinny_G likes this.
  7. Sithian

Sithian Operator! Give me the number for 9-1-1! Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2008
    New Jersey
    Here is a fun one-

FFFH242, Doug4321 and Vinny_G like this.
  8. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Definitely!

9. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    This one is by far my favorite, because it convinced me that, despite my longstanding dislike of active basses, I could probably get along with an M-2500. I had found one in my favorite finish with a quartersawn neck for an amazing price, and wanted reassurance that it would work out--and it has, spectacularly.

Sithian and One Way like this.
  10. Both part 1 and 2 of this are iconic. Love it!

11. Some good ones above!

My favorite comparison videos are the ones where they:
    1.) Don't talk!
    2.) Play a song or riff continuously on different basses and edit between them on the fly. Mash-up?
    3.) Can actually play and play different styles, not just wank-slap or metal.
    4.) Are recording it properly, not just through ambient sounds through an iPhone pointing at their crotch

Schizo Sapiens likes this.
  12. You'd think this would be fairly well understood, but it's really uncommon to get all of this in a single video.

13. Doug4321

Doug4321

May 29, 2017
    Oregon
    That Rick stands out.

14. Yep. If it is a review, or is just one bass, then obviously things will be different. But to accurately compare basses as the title indicates, it really needs to be there.

15. Doug4321

Doug4321

May 29, 2017
    Oregon
    Rather dogmatic there. But I appreciate the idea to answer the question, “if everything else is the same do these sound different?”

16. Doug4321

Doug4321

May 29, 2017
    Oregon
    This I like, particularly the comparison of P bass vs. a neck pickup on a Jazz.

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021