favorite bass line in a metal song?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by NightmareCinema, Aug 22, 2003.

1. NightmareCinema

Mar 27, 2003
    what is your fav bass solo/line in a rock/metal song? mine would probably be the little solo in "her ghost in the fog" by Cradle of Filth, i love that part. The bass line at the intro of Korn's "Blind" is pretty cool sounding too, in fact many people have told me that is their favorite part of the whole song.
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Pretty much the entire bass line from Phantom of the Opera by Iron Maiden.
  3. Pretty much everything ever played by Kyle Kyle of Bang Tango.
  4. warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Everything And Nothing By Mudvayne... and alot of his other lines for that matter

Home By Dream theater, that intro with the sitar synth is awesome.

Lateralus By Tool (the part at the end)... oh and Schism, 46&2, The Grudge, Flood... Did I mention that Tools my favorite band?

Hey Man Nice Shot by Filter.. that is what its called right?

A whole lot of Rage Against The Machine, Clutch, and so many more that im too tired to think of right now.
  5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Anything off Metallica's "And Justice for All" album... :rolleyes:
  6. The intro line in "Forty Six & 2".
  7. Thats a fun song to play:) the solo is great!
  8. iron maiden- the number of the beast
    cynic- i'm but a wave to...
    nuclear rabbit- truth's ugly head
    nuclear rabbit- alone with my clone
  9. I love almost every bass-line on the Lateralus CD.......

then Not Falling by Mudvayne is a sick\fun bass line..so is Silenced, you know, being all over the bass, slidind all over it and stuff.....

Flight of Icarus and Powerslave by Iron Maiden...

Finger Paintings of the Insane by Acid Bath(they're really good, like a Tool gone evil type of band)

Megadeth's Holy Wars is a really fun bass line too....if you dunno it, try it!

...KoRn's basslines are fun if you're in a really bad mood and wanna spank something( not a necessity, but bleh!)

Floyd the Barber, # of the beast is so fun! I definitely agree!

not truly a bassline, but I also love doubling the lead guitar on the song Born in a Burial Gown by Cradle of Filth, it's definitely fun for finger speed!

any single favorite? NAY! too tough!
  10. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Hey embellisher, can you play that song? I can play most of it, except for that solo interlude part where it sounds like there are two bass tracks. The sheet music I have for it gets it close but I can't imagine being able to pull it off without using a pick. (yes, even with loads of practice!).

Anyway, it's superhuman fast!
  11. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Go Tool and Rage, woot!

i Love Schism and Forty-Six & 2. Those are actually the 2 first Tool songs that i learned to play also.
  12. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Every TOOL album!!
    All Mudvayne.:D :bassist:
  13. Just about anything played by Doug Pinnick on the King's X albums.
  14. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I love Death Blooms by mudvayne's bassline.
  15. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Like I said ALL Mudvayne!!:D
  16. that is the simplest statement I've heard in this thread, and I back you up 100%
  17. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003

Thank you, period!:D
  18. i also love the bass solos you hear in every song on the cd. in case you can't hear it, i'll tab it out for you:

19. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I would love to see that sheet music, I can't play all of that part by ear.

I can play most of the rest of the song, but parts of it I can't play at full speed.
  20. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    I could send you a copy if you want :) It's from an old book I have called "Heavy Metal Basslines". As far as I recall, they even say that there are two bass tracks but they tried to simplify it for one bass. Right! Not simple enough for me!