Favorite Beatles Album?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by calebplaysbass, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Well there's obviously a very wide variety of Beatles albums and sounds to choose from so what's your favorite? Throw in a favorite song if you'd like. My favorite album is either Magical Mystery Tour or Sgt. Peppers. Favorite song definitely goes to I Am the Walrus. So weird with so many cool instrument parts. Fav bass line goes to Penny Lane or Come Together.
  2. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Abbey Road, with a close second tie to Sgt. Pepper, Revolver, and
    Rubber Soul.
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Moved to Recordings
  4. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Every Beatles album is great in its own way, but if I had to pick just one, it would be "Abbey Road" undoubtedly.
  5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Rubber Soul here too. Then a tie between Beatles For Sale and Revolver, then everything else.
  6. fenwickbacker

Jun 12, 2004
    New Orleans
    Abbey Road - love the "Mean Mr. Mustard" through "She Came In Through the Bathroom Window" run of song into song.

Growing up it was the "red" compilation of hits from 1962-66. Cut me some slack - I was born in 1970!
  7. Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado

8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Tie between Abbey Road and White Album....Abbey Road has a much more concise album organization to it, but some of the songs on the White Album are beyond great (which has a nice "spur of the moment" randomness to it).
  9. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    White Album
    Abbey Road
    Sgt. Pepper
    If I have to put them in order.
  10. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
  11. Sgt Peppers. Abbey Road. Revolver. Though A Hard Days Night is a sentimental favorite-- first got with somebody when that one was playing.

I've been going through all my old Beatles CDs lately just because it was time, and I was just floored by Beatles For Sale (the one in between A Hard Days Night and Help!). Anybody who thinks Ringo didn't understand groove needs to live with this one for a while. He knew groove before it was called that.
  12. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    It all starts with Revolver...period.

13. skewh

Sep 5, 2005
    Ithaca, NY
  14. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Rubber Soul for me, too.
  15. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Abbey Road is my fav record of theirs.
  16. FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Yellow Submarine? :bag:

i know it wasn't one of the more popular albums, but I grew up watching that movie and listening to that album (in the '90s, so not when it first came out or anything). That, and Sgt. Pepper. Both are great albums, imo.