Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

favorite body?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, May 24, 2000.

1. whats everybodys favorite body for your bass? a standard, explorer, flying v, etc. just to name a few. currently im into explorers but only few companies make those [​IMG]

------------------
    "Destruction can be beutiful" --Mankind

2. MetalBass

MetalBass

Apr 19, 2000
    I like the Ibanez Soundgear shapes, the Alembic Europa, and right now am looking at getting a Hohner V Bass.

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I love the shape of Pedulla MVPs, I also totally love the Zon Sonus shape. Actually, I like the Manring Hyperbass also. The designs I dislike are those ugly (IMHO) B.C.Rich basses. Oh, well, at least they ain't Fender clones, but I'd go for a Sadowsky any day.

Will C. [​IMG]

------------------
    You can't hold no groove if you ain't got no pocket!

4. Saint

Saint

Mar 2, 2000
    DC - USA
    Favorite body? Umm... probably either Tia Carrere or Paulina Porizkova.

5. Fender Jazz.. it's just sexy. It has curves, like a beautiful woman. It says "Play me."

6. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Uhhhh...favorite body? Did anyone fail to mention Liz Hurley??? She's the bomb!!!

But, have you ever played a Spector? Curved body for my beer-belly!!! Comfortable as all %$@%!!!

Also, ever seen John Entwistle's latest bass made by Status? The Buzzard? If you go on Status' website, you'll see it. It is truly amazing!!! Versatile body style, I don't know about, but, definitely WWWAAAYYY COOL!!!

7. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RAM:
    Uhhhh...favorite body? Did anyone fail to mention Liz Hurley??? She's the bomb!!!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    And she and Hugh Grant just broke up too! So she's available.

8. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    YEAH BABY!!! I hope she's not a fembot!!!

9. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...shag-a-delic!

...anyway, I prefer Fender-style bodies(P or J).

10. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    I loved Ric bodies when I was a kid, but they didn't feel comfortable to me. I like the shape of my Carvin fretless to look at, but the body is too small for my playing style. I tend to pluck way up over the fingerboard, and small-bodied basses don't work for me. I think Jazz bodies are very comfortable to play and have a sensual look to them.

11. Ktulu

Ktulu

May 8, 2000
    I LOVE the shape of an explorer for a regular guitar, but I don't really like the look for a bass. The neck's too long or something. Just my opinion.

I kinda like the way a B.C. Rich Warlock looks, but I don't like any of their others. A lot of the "pointier" ones look like they'd break if you picked 'em up the wrong way.

My favorite shape for a bass (so far) is the shape that my Samick is. I wish I knew what it was called, but I don't. It's vaguely shaped like a P-bass, but the body is shorter (along the neck axis), and the horns are longer and a little thinner. This next part is hard to describe, but the inner sections of the horns are carved out a little on the top of the body. I don't know if anyone understood that last part or not. This shape is just more comfortable to me than anything else. I've never tried a Jazz bass, but my first bass was a P-bass (actually a Peavey Milestone II). It was a great bass, but when I first tried out my Samick, I hated the shape of the Peavey. P-basses just don't fit me, I guess. I'm kinda small, so I do better with a smaller-bodied bass.

BTW, I may be showing my age here, but Britney Spears has all those other women beat by a long shot, IMHO.

Later, everyone.

12. warwick thumb bass!

I played some dean 4 string the other day that had a more comfortable than average body too. First Dean I've ever played. It's alright and had a very reasonable price..but I'll take a thumb bolt on 4 any day.

13. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    WELL, i dont mean to sound repatative, but come on! Modulus Quantum all the way! Nothing better. Actually, i found the Roscoe (NOT the fender) shape to be very comfortable also, soooo if i get a 6 string that'll likely be the brand. And Warwick Corvettes are comfortable too.

14. bassphreakz

bassphreakz

Mar 19, 2000
    Warwicks and Spectors for the feels
    The John Entwistle Buzzard bass for looks

------------------
    "Reality is an excuse for people who can't deal with drugs."

15. Amoilbasso

Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    Florence
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jrthebassguy:
    whats everybodys favorite body for your bass? a standard, explorer, flying v, etc. just to name a few. currently im into explorers but only few companies make those [​IMG]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Spector and Warwick.....and Cindy Crawford

16. Fender Jazz and Jennifer Lopez. Not necessarily in that order. [​IMG]

------------------
    Ciao
    Mike

17. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Pedulla MVP/Buzz, Fender Jazz, Pedulla Rapture, Gibson RD Artist and Rebecca Romijn Stamos..

18. Pietzsa

Pietzsa

Mar 23, 2000
    Orange, Texas
    Jazz, Pedulla Rapture, Zon Sonus

19. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    my conklins, including the doubleneck, and my woman, easily. 5'8", 120 lbs., 36 D.-27-36 yowZAAA!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------
    john

strings! strings! i need more strings!

20. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    oh, yeah, and she does the dishes too!!!