Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Favorite Chorus

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rygelxvi, May 16, 2003.

1. Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus

28 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. TC Elec. Stereo Chorus/Flanger

12 vote(s)
    13.2%
  3. EH Small Clone

5 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. EBS UniChorus

18 vote(s)
    19.8%
  5. Other (please specify)

28 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. rygelxvi

rygelxvi

Jan 6, 2003
    Which do you prefer and why? I have a Boss right now and it sounds good, but I can't help think it can sound better. I'm replacing my boss OD and auto-wah for a bassballs so i figured while I'm upgrading maybe I can get a better chorus too.

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I wish I could afford a TC, but my Danelectro Cool Cat is all I need right now. Sounds great and looks cool.

3. bassackwards

bassackwards Member

Dec 16, 2002
    OREGON
    My favorites are the DOD FX62 Bass Stereo Chorus and the DODFX63 DEEP FREEZE, which I recently acquired. I've tried most choruses on the market and those are the only 2 good ones that don't cost a fortune. I don't care for the EBS or BOSS. I actually think the EBS is the worst I've treid.

4. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    I like the one that comes after the verse...

:D

Sorry - couldn't resist. Now back to your regularly scheduled FX discussion.

Wulf

5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    For me, the Fulltone ChoralFlange. But that's over $200, as is the T.C. SCF and EBS. If you only have / want to spend $70-$80, or don't need Flange, the Boss one will probably do you fine.

6. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    I use an old BOSS CE-2B. It does it for me.

7. I'm not answering the question but what about

DLS
    Analogman Clone Chorus
    Jaques

8. rygelxvi

rygelxvi

Jan 6, 2003

Never heard of them. Can you tell me anything about them?

I just thought I'd add I'm not trying to save money, I'm looking fr the absolute best pedal.I don't care about money where my bass is concerned only sound. I'm not rich but If something costs alot I'll find the money somehow. :cool:

9. there was a thread on this a few days ago

10. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    I coveted the TC Chorus/Flanger a guitarist friend had for years and years. When I stumbled on one for $48 :eek: :p I couldn't resist. It has the bandwidth so it works well for bass.
    [​IMG]
    PS. All those ugly Hosa colored patch cables have been replaced by Monsters.

11. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

Analogman Clone Chorus with deep/bass option is awesome. Thick, warm sound that sits great in the mix. Beautiful on fretless. Nothing comes close, and have I tried/owned many.

12. Such as? (I'm curious and not argumentative)

13. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

Boss CE-B3
    CE-b2 (brown one)
    Fulltone Choral-Flange
    Maxon (505 & 550)
    TC Electronics SCF
    EH Small Clone
    EH Polychorus
    EBS Red Twister
    EBS Unichorus
    Carl Martin
    Voodoo Labs

I have not tried the DLS, but I am very happy with my Analog Man, so I am in no rush.

14. I agree on the DOD boxes. I own the Deep Freeze, and in my ears, it's the best chorus I've tried. That's probably because I go for an ugly, sharp kinda chorus, like Magazine or Joy Division.

:)

15. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    I'd buy EBS, if I would like a pedal (TC chorus/flanger is rack unit, isn't?). It just sounds so beautiful.

16. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Although they do make rack mount multi-effect units, the chorus/flanger unit I and many others have is a pedal.
    [​IMG]
    Its the black pedal on top. Its actually sitting on a 3/4" piece of wood so I can hit the footswitch without hitting the knobs on the Fulltone below it.

17. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I use the old Boss CE-2,I also have an old peavy
    that works good. [​IMG]

18. I got an EBS Unichorus on Ebay this week at a steal.

I'll compare it to my Fulltone CF when I have more time. I won't compare it to my Analogman Clone because it is for guitar and doen't have the bass mod.

I'll sell one on ebay in a week or two.

19. Sorry for the ignorant question, but would a guitar chorus pedal work with a bass? I have a Boss Chorus pedal, but I'm not sure of the model off the top of my head. Am I asking for trouble?
    Thanks.