Favorite Deep purple's song

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Duff_McKagan16, Mar 28, 2002.

1. what is your favourite Deep purple's song. When i hare Burn or Highway star i get goosb...(i don't know how to write it down in English) Deep purple will always be my favourite music group. I think novadays music sucks.
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I can't name a certain song, but I tend to like the Steve Morse-era Purple better than the stuff with Richie Blackmore. :eek: :D

There never was as much good music around as today, you just have to find it.
  3. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Well, the extremely overplayed "Smoke on the Water" has one of the most tasteful, musical guitar solos I've ever heard. For that reason, it remains one of my favorites...of their's, anyway.
  4. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Maybe I'm a Leo!!! Or my favorite album is Come Taste the Band with Tommy Bolin and David Coverdale.
  5. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    I've got Abandon which has Steve Morese, It's a great album. I was lucky enough to see them tour with Steve Morse. It was a triple bill - Dream Theater, Emerson Lake and Palmer, And Deep Purple. Outstanding show.
  6. Billion Dollar Babies!

Oh wait thats Alice Cooper
    Probally if just one Hard Lovin Man from In Rock.
  7. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

My all time Deep Purple favorite is "Lazy" from the "Machine Head" album. I love the extended intro, but most of all I love the bass line in that song.

I like "Smoke on the Water" too, but "Lazy" still comes in number one for me.
  8. pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    Tommy Bolin rules!
  9. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

In my book, David Coverdale isn't too shabby, either!!:)
  10. Since Deep Purple is my ALL TIME favorite band...

"Live" Highway Star from Made In Japan.

I think it's the best version of one of their best songs.

Fools off of Fireball is close too.

11. supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    Definitly Maybe Im a Leo, my bass teacher got me into deep purple because he is in a great Deep Purple/The Police cover band.
  12. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

"Hush" - It's all about the bass line.

If that African-rhythm bass doesn't make you want to dial up some wattage, I don't know what will.
  13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Perfect Strangers

But I love anything Ian sings