Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Favorite Faith No More Album

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by AlexK, Jul 23, 2002.

1. We Care Alot

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Introduce Yourself

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The Real Thing

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  4. Angel Dust

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  5. King For A Day, Fool For A Lifetime

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. Album Of The Year

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. AlexK

AlexK

Apr 10, 2001
    I've been listening to Faith No More a lot lately, and I just wanted to know which album is your favorite.

2. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    No contest :
    King for a Day...

I'm pretty sure it's not everybody's favorite...but

DON'T YOU LOOK SO SURPRISED !:D (lil' allusion to Gentle Art)

What a great line up that was too :
    Mike Patton the genius
    Billy Gould...awesome grooves very tight with
    Mike Bordin...great stage presence and actually one of my favorite drummers
    Roddy
    and Trey Spruance joining his buddy Bungle buddy Mike. Unfortunately, Trey wasn't too fond of those days.
    It's a shame that bands like Limp Bizkit, Incubus, SOAD claim them as a big influence. I guess they missed the point.

3. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I like all the Faith No More albums, so it is very hard to choose a favorite. I guess it would end up being a tie between "Angel Dust" and "King for a Day." "MidLife Crises" on "Angle Dust is one of my favrite FNM songs, but "King for a Day" has several that I really enjoy, especially the song "Evidence."

4. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I think King for a day is FNM´s best album.......although I really like all their stuff, even my band´s name is "Ricochet".

I was very sad when they split off because never had the chance to saw them live :(, and that happened only 2 months before I traveled to Europe and they had I big Europe tour suporting "Album of the year", which was cancelled of course :( :(

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hmn... King for a Day, Album of the Year, or Angel Dust. I'm thinkin King for a Day. It has Richocet, Gentle Art, and Get Out. Three of my favorite FNM songs.

And am I the only one who thinks The Gentle Art of Making Enemies is THE prototype for all that System of a Down does?

6. I voted for Angel Dust because I really got into that album. King for a Day is a very close second.

7. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    I'm not too fond of Pattons' "other" band...so I have to go with "Disco Volante"! Bungle Rules!

8. I'm a huge Patton fan, but Faith No More was never something I got in to. "The Real Deal" is okay...I could live without the cheesy keyboards. Mr. Bungle, Tomahawk, and Fantomas forever! :D

9. AlexK

AlexK

Apr 10, 2001
    I bought "Disco Volante" a few months ago and at first I thought it was just a bunch of noise and a waste of money. But after listening to it a few times, I grew to like it. There's something appealing about it's wierdness.

Oh, and by the way , my fav FNM album would have to be "The Real Thing". I just love it when Patton sings in that high voice (which I guess he didn't like cause he never sang that way in the later albums).

10. grindmore

grindmore

Jun 21, 2002
    brooklyn
    angel dust is amazing. although my favorite FNM song is 'surprise you dead' off of the real thing.

11. beermonkey

beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Hard to say... I really like all of them for different reasons. If I had to choose one that I just couldn't live without, it would probably be King For A Day... or would it be Album of the Year? Bugger. I'm torn.

12. frankosaurus

frankosaurus

Feb 27, 2002
    San Jose
    Another vote for angel dust. A great variety of styles and sounds. Is there any rock band today that puts tracks as diverse as RV, Jizzlobber, and Midnight Cowboy on a single album?? And pulls it off with flying colors?

The Real Thing and King for a Day are great, too, though not as experimental...

I suggest seeking out FNM's great cover of "Easy" also, if you haven't heard it.

I agree with what was said about Disco Volante-- on first listen I was amused by some songs and confused by others. Now I realize what a great album it is.

13. beermonkey

beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Disco Volante is brilliant. "The Bends" took a lot of time to grow on me... but now it's one of my favorite songs on that album.