Favorite Female Bassist?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by PumpkinEscobar, Jul 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Wfrance3

Wfrance3 Supporting Member

May 29, 2014
    Tulsa, OK
    No one has mentioned Elin Sandberg?

2. japhy4529

japhy4529 this is only a test...

Esperanza Spalding is absolutely incredible. Emily's D+Evolution is one of my favorite albums of the past 10 years...

Honorable mention goes to 12 year old bassist Alejandra Villarreal with The Warning. The Warning are three sisters from Monterrey, Mexico. They became famous (on YouTube) after covering Enter Sandman at a very young age (9, 12 and 14, respectively). Ended up on the Ellen Show and received a summer scholarship to Berkeley. Released their debut album XXI Century Blood earlier this year. Great stuff.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    Wfrance3 and mapleglo like this.
  3. I really like India Bourne (plays with Ben Howard). She's not flashy and as technical as are a lot of the bassists on the list, but she really holds down a nice groove and plays mulitple other instruments as well. Just thought she deserved a mention.
    Bass:

Cello:

Precussion:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  4. Mark Yurick

Mark Yurick

Mar 6, 2019
    Glad to see Janice Marie Johnson from Taste of Honey mentioned. I think she's very good. Favorites are probably Kim Deal and Carol Kaye. Tracy Wormworth is also fantastic. Love her bass line on Christmas Wrapping with the waitresses. I think Kathy Valentine (Go Go's) was a nice player.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    lowdownthump and MCF like this.
  5. IPRAYB4IPLAY

IPRAYB4IPLAY

Jan 29, 2019
    Yo Pumpkin go on youtube asap and check out Mohini Dey and tell me what you think. LOL She is on her own planet bro.

6. Leticia Perez from Despise You

Jo Bench from Bolt Thrower

7. Vooter

Vooter

May 11, 2009
    Bronx, NY
    A shout-out for Brandi Wynne:

Lobster11 likes this.
  8. Julian G

Julian G

Mar 16, 2017
    Dubai
    Not been through the whole thread so dont know if she's been mentioned but recently I came across Mohini Dey who's a great talent.

Gail Ann Dorsey if not mentioned deserves plenty of acclaim and I would like to give a shout out to Kim Clarke from Defunkt who is an exceptional player.

9. andawun

andawun

Jul 13, 2009
    Andrea Goldsworthy bassist for Paloma Faith.

10. I was going to do that! ;) Here she is with the B-52's:

JimK likes this.
  11. bigswifty1

bigswifty1

Dec 8, 2011
    I like Tal too. But I'm not sure she's the best female Australian bassist, not that it matters. Check out this Aussie lady on bass:

12. Tracy Wormworth. Easy question!

13. consectaneus

consectaneus

Sep 23, 2016
    No question after seeing this. A bassist who fronts her own band and sings lead. What a voice she has, too!

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021