Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Favorite Fender?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by niomosy, Dec 19, 2002.

1. Burnt to a crisp

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. Smashed into tiny pieces

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Dropped off a cliff

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Tossed into a pool of acid

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. niomosy

niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    Which is your favorite? ;) :p :D

Disclaimer:
    This is mean purely in fun.

No Fenders were harmed in the making of this poll.

2. oh, you certainly are the epitome of wit. where have you been all my life?

3. niomosy

niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    It's all in fun. No harm. No need for childish insults.

4. JacoJr

JacoJr Guest

Mar 26, 2002
    Decatur GA.
    if by dipped in acid you mean "I love all Fender basses," then I want mine dipped in acid:D

5. Shouldn't there be a choice involving fava beans and Chianti.

Oh wait. That would leave me bassless. :(

6. arose11

arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    are you dissin fender?

7. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    here is my favorite fender...

[​IMG]

Fender Geddy Lee Signature, Dimarzio Model J's, Badass II, Hipshot Tuners w/extender key, dunlop straplocks, 62 reissue pickguard and pickup cover!

P@

8. bassackwards

bassackwards Member

Dec 16, 2002
    OREGON
    You forgot to add "Shoved sideways up niomosy's a.........." oh nevermind. :)

9. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    That topic is funny. For a long time I believed I had no use of any Fender. Now that I have a Fender P., it is probably the most exciting bass I own, and it is actually the one I play the most, even more than my Stingray 5.

So, even on a joke mode, I really can't vote in this poll. I want no harm done to any Fender.:(

10. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits!! :mad: :D

11. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    [​IMG]

I would want none of the poll's options to happen to my very nice blue bass.

12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

My favorite isn't in the poll. A good old P bass.

13. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    if you're dropping any fenders off of cliffs, tell me where and when, i want to be ther eto catch them

14. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    Sacriledge!! (sp?)
    The spirit of Leo FENDER may rise and bite you in the a** for even thinking of denigrating the instrument that started it ALL!!!
    My first axe was a '70 black/rosewood P-Bass that some miscreant stole! No worries-He has a chair in H-E-L-L waiting for him (or her).
    I am the PROUD & happy owner of a '69 P-Bass that I restored-It is mojo/funk personified and anybody wants to buy it, their last name better be Gates & that may not cut it either.
    I am a lover of exotic woods, high-end electronics and the works of many fine luthiers, BUT- This slab is the absolute highest order of the high- You cannot possibly do better than a FENDER-
    Jeez, man, EVERYONE KNOWS THAT!
    Whathehellsamatterwitchu?

:D

P.S. PMKelly; Philbiker, those are the KIND!!!!!

15. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Currently, the Fender RB5.

Tell you what, though, I'd love to find the Funk Machine, if only to feel the funk for a few days before returning it to the Jamerson family.

16. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I've never tried and RB5. I think I need to. People keep bugging out about that bass, and I've never even seen one in person.

Of course, untill I can play one, my favorite Fender bass is the American Precision Deluxe. The one with the powerbucker in the bridge. That is one HONEY of a bass. Infact, it's sort of the model that I'm taking for the FBB custom I'm eyeing.

17. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

True, those of us who own the RB5 tend to rave a lot about it. Just so your expectations aren't raised too high, here are reasons why some don't care for the RB5:
    1) Chunky neck profile
    2) Weight (not as bad as some of the Warwicks or 70's Fenders I've played, but still hefty)
    3) Low output

If none of those factors are turn-offs, you should definitely try one as soon as the opportunity arises.

18. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    That's one killer looking Geddy up there!

19. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO

Thanks Dude! it plays like a dream... and it is the bass that has survived the revolving door of ownership by P@ the longest!

P@