Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Favorite Geico Commercial

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    I like the one with the cavemans, its funny! :D

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    "Yo, I think your website would be da bomb if you had the gecko doing the robot"

or when he is singing kung-fu fighting...

3. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I like the one that pretends to be about hair loss. You really do think it's a serious commmercial until the guy says he saved money on his car insurance.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I like the one where the duck keeps trying to say "AFLAC" but no one can hear him.

brad cook

5. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    I like the one where the gecko and the stuffed-suit guy go talk to the lady with all the cats--you see the gecko slowly back away from the slowly-advancing felines, and in the next shot you notice he's got his arm in a sling. Classic :)

6. 'JC'

'JC'

Mar 14, 2000
    None simply out of my hatred for Geico.

Some facts:

Geico invested heavily into Laser Tech, the leading traffic LIDAR manufacturer.

It gives away radar and laser units to any police agency that wants to write more tickets.

Geico testified before legislatures that we don't need/deserve certain rights and has canceled policies of people who admitted to owning LEGAL radar detectors.

Geico is a founding member of Insurance Institute for Highway Safety that among other things still claims we'd be better off if we kept 55, ignoring the 9th straight year of fatality rate drops.

Other than that, the gecko is kinda cool in that roadster of his.

7. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Definitely the one with the small house. :D

8. "Let's get campy!"
    "New clothes are fun"
    "but they won't save you any money on car insurance!"

9. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I love that commercial. I would watch that show, and I hate reality TV shows.

10. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    the over-acting in that commercial is great.

11. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

The "Tiny House" commercial.

12. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I like this one, but only for the song they play. I don't know why but it's kinda catchy.

13. captainbeardo

captainbeardo

Mar 11, 2005
    Definately the Tiny house one. I think it's funny when the dude says "You're so awesome" at the wedding, "This is kinda awesome" at the house, and then the wife says "This is definately not awesome" :)

14. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001

+1

15. Gotta be either "Tiny House" or the one with the cavemen ("That is so condescending! :D )

16. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    I'd like to see one where the utterly incompetent GEICO adjuster I had to deal with because of a recent accident swallows the gecko.

17. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Tiny House and the Robot.

18. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    What is this 'caveman' commercial like? I haven't seen that one.

19. Heh.. OK. There are two of them:

1) Shows a commercial being filmed and the spokesdude says, "Geico.com.. so simple, a caveman could use it." Crashing noise off camera.. the camera pans over and there's a caveman, a member of the crew, pointing at the guy and saying, "NOT... COOL!" And the spokesdude is like, "I didn't know you were there!" And the caveman storms off and the spokesdude says in a real low voice to someone, "I didn't know he was there."

2) Starts on a TV screen in a nice-looking apartment. The Geico commercial is playing and the announcer says, "Geico.com.. so simple, a caveman could use it." Then you see a caveman sitting on a couch reading. Upon hearing the TV, he looks up and says to his caveman friend, "Did you hear that?" The other one says, "Unbelievable," and then the first guy says, "That is SO condescending." There's a third caveman in the background, playing the piano.