1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Favorite Heads for Bergantino Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jelpo, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Hi,

I'm getting a Berg HT210s tomorrow. I will probably end up getting an EX112 and an amp soon.

I'm wondering if there are any great heads that just match up perfectly with Berg cabs. So, anybody have any favorite amp that just went great with a berg cab?

I play mainly funk, r&b, jazz and rock.

UPDATE:I just received a HT122s from a TB'er. Now really looking for new amp.

2. at one time I had an Eden WT-550. That was quite blissful with that cab.

3. I know it quite a different cab but I'm running an SVT-II through my Bergantino NV610.

It sounds great but then... every head that I've run with the Berg has sounded awesome! :smug:

4. cripula

cripula

Dec 20, 2006
    Canada
    Markbass F1 sounds great through the HT112ER. Coming from a different place, so does the '70 Traynor YBA-1A... go figure.

SVT + NV610 = great.
    SVT + NV215 = great.
    SVT + NV610 + NV215 = devastating :D

I'm with bassbmx - every head I've put through the Berg cabs has sounded good. Big fan of Jim's cabs here!

5. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    +1 what Cripula said:
    Mesa 400+ + NV610 = great
    Mesa 400+ + NV215 = great
    Mesa 400+ + NV610 + NV215 = amazing

AND

Markbass SA450 + NV215 = great

6. Fawkes007

Fawkes007

Sep 13, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Everything I've played thru my bergie cabs has sounded excellent. I don't think you can go wrong.

7. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

That's a great little 210. I owned the 's' stack for a while, and had very good luck with the Markbass F1. Very accurate, pure and clean. The HT210s is a nice 210. It is very small, but puts out some pretty good wump. It REALLY sounds great paired with the HT112s or EX112s (making the 's' stack), but those are very hard to find.

I also very much liked the Walter Woods amp with these particular Berg Cabs. The LMII sounded OK also.

8. Great, thanks for all the responses. The Shuttle 6 and Markbass stuff look like likely contenders, but then there's the new MB Fusion this summer....what to do, what to do....