Favorite Ibanez Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DSOTM, Mar 22, 2002.

What is Your Fav. Ibanez Bass Series?

Poll closed Jun 20, 2003.
  1. Soundgear/Gsr

85 vote(s)
  2. The New designed Ergodynes

38 vote(s)
  3. The Old Ergodynes

15 vote(s)
  4. BTB

93 vote(s)
  5. Old ibanez stuff(like the fender copies, The musician)

54 vote(s)
  6. the only good ibanez is a dead ibanez

40 vote(s)
  1. What is Your favorite Ibanez Bass series?

I was at The local mall today which has a music shop and they had The Ibanez BTB series Five string bass brand new 399.99. I loved how it played Only thing was it had a flat neck but i can adjust if i was to buy it.
  2. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Once had an '86 Road Star II and am sorry I sold it. Nice tone, great neck, rosewood board with perfect frets, pearl cream with matching headstock.
  3. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Once upon a time I owned Ric and P-Bass lawsuits basses. Later I owned a Verdine White 4, a very nice bass. My favorite is the Gary Willis fretless 5, but heretofore, I have resisted the urge to acquire it.
  4. bassandlax

Dec 31, 2001
    Raleigh, NC
    go fender or go home

heh just kidding, i actually kinda like the feel of the ibanez basses made out of fiberglass or something. eurodines maybe? interesting idea, but i still wouldnt pay much for one
  5. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Yeah, I love the bridge idea, the locking jack and stuff. Great sound! Got an BTB400QM, love it sooooo much!
  6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The Musician's were really nice, and I loved the Bean bass. The BTB is pretty cool, and so is(was) the ATK.
  7. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I used to have a Road Star, were there major differeces between the road star and road star II, I cant remember those too well for some reason.
  8. some guy#2

some guy#2

Feb 3, 2001
    My first Bass was an Ibanez Bean...Thanks largely to the fact that I saw Victor Bailey playing one in a Weather Report video.
    Wish I still had it.
    Sting has played one on occasion too, right?
    Who is the resident Ibanez junkie? I'd love to see some pics.

If I'm buying new tomorrow?
    BTB all the way. The more expensive ones.
  9. My EDC700 is mighty comfy,like an old shoe. :)
    I periodically toy with the notion of selling her...but then I play her and it is like....dang!I`ll just save up for the pre and keep her!

Never got to try the BTB,ATK,or the older Ibanez models but hear they are really nice.

I think the newer EDA is really a handsome looking bass though.Anyone try these?
  10. Jeremy_X

Jan 29, 2002
    I have an EDA900, I enjoy it. The gas smell went away, which made me happy. All in all a nice inexpensive bass.
  11. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    The ATK's the only Ibanez I'd own, even though I have a Sound Gear... I think I'm either getting a basslines pre for it or selling it.
  12. the musicians are nice only problem is they are so damn heavy
  13. shirojiro

Jan 24, 2001
    San Francisco
    I had a black Bean bass back in the early eighties. It was black with a smal triangular headstock, 2+2 tuners (Gotoh style), two humbuckers, passive volume, volume, tone controls, and a mini toggle switch for the pickups as well. It was small and light, but I could never get the sound I wanted out of it. It always sounded kinda muddy to me. The worst part were the strap pins. They were these small, sharp "V" shaped pins that chewed through every strap I put on it. The only reason I'd like one is for nostalgia.

The ATK is still my favorite.

14. My Ergo still has a trace of gas smell to this day.lol
    I`ll catch a wiff of it every now and then when playing her.
  15. I had a BTB405QM, but I would say that its big brother the 1005 was superior, great basses.

16. ptuckerbass

Sep 12, 2000
    Orlando, Fl.
    The Musician 924 is a great bass. Heavey as hell, but great tone and a nice chunky neck.
  17. BTB or ATK all the way, man!

I am actually trying to find the funds to buy a used ATK this week.
  18. ATK absolutely...

especially the price tag vs tone ratio.
  19. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
  20. craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    my first real bass was a '78 ibanez roadster.

it was a nice bass, but really heavy. i still have it and play it every once in a while.