Favorite J pickup pairing to a DiMarzio Model P

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Laurent, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

May 21, 2008
    Napa, California
    The title says it all. What J pickup would you pair to a DiMarzio Model P pickup?
    I am interested in first hand experience.
    Of particular interest is how they pair volume wise and tone wise to the high output broad range Model P.

Thanks in advance, your wisdom on this is appreciated.

2. Precision101

Precision101

Sep 22, 2013
    I like the Dimarzio ultra j bridge pickup with it. A nice midrange packed p pickup with clear highs and lows coming from the UJ is just the perfect combo to my ears. I use the model j neck and UJ bridge together to get a Similar tone.

Le Basseur likes this.
  3. Plucky The Bassist

Plucky The Bassist ZOMG! I'm back from the dead! Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    As long as you are wiring the bridge in series mode, the Model J stands up just fine. With the adjustable pole pieces, you can further tailor the pickup to your liking for more bass or mids. Currently have this combo in an earlier Ibanez SR and it rocks.

4. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

May 21, 2008
    Napa, California
    Thanks for your feedback. I have a DiMarzio Ultra J on order and I will try playing with pole height and wiring.

5. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    +1

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2022