Favorite knob settings

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Nomadic Herder, Apr 18, 2001.

1. What do you all play for basses and how do you like to set your on board EQs to?

On my P bass, volume and tone are at max
    On my Jazz, bridge volume is 10 and neck varies from 7-10 depending on the sound I want. The Jazz tone is set to 8 or 9 most of the time.
  2. Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    On my P-bass volume is 7-8, and tone is about 5. That way I can add a touch more volume or tone if I feel I need to. Only bass I have. But I played an American Spector a while back, and I upped the bass a touch and slightly cut the treble and it was amazing.
  3. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    mid vol.: 5
    brdg vol: 10
    tone: to taste
    thats all
  4. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    It's always different.... It's a tone and a fit within the overall mix that I'm after, not a specific setting on the amps or basses. That changes from venue to venue. I use my ears and ignore the numbers on the knobs.
  5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000

Volume on 10, pickup blend in the middle. Sometimes I'll focus on the bridge pickup for soloing or the neck pickup for a fatter tone. I like just enough threble so I get a round, bouncy tone.

Will C.:cool:
  6. ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Jazz: Both volume full up. Tone: Treble turned all the way down.

Carvin: Volume: 8-10 Blend: depends Bass: a little boost. Treble: flat Mids: slightly boosted.
  7. Albino_Ryno

Albino_Ryno Guest

Sep 17, 2000
    Knoxville TN
    I usually keep my j pickup at 10 and my p at about 7 or 8. I usually keep the tone at about 7 also.
  8. i find that it sounds good to roll off the "suck" knob a lot. but i forget to do that a lot. :(
  9. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Where my knob sets is between me and my wife...
  10. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I usually have mine set on my jazz bass as follows

vol: 5
    pickup blend: middle so both are usually on
    mid: 5-7
    trebble: 10

this varies from time to time as room accoustics are different. but when we reherse this is usually where my controll knobs are set
  11. I play a Yamaha RBX260f, which has one p pickup, I always have the volume all the way up, and the tone all the way down.
  12. everything set to "11" ;>

- Wil
  13. davetsbass

davetsbass Guest

Mar 24, 2001
    burnt hills NY
    ha I was gonna reply until I saw Will's post.. haha well anways my P is all the way up and my Godin have volume up, treb. and bass usually equal.. maybe a little more bass. tone/preamp volume thingy is always in the middle unless I need a little more low end
  14. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    ok i fiddle with all my knobs
    all 5 of em on my 20 watt amp