1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

favorite loopers (preferable with a blend/sum option)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ph0rk, Jul 18, 2007.

1. ph0rk

ph0rk

Feb 24, 2007
    I'm looking to expand the board with a looper, and it seems that you have to go custom to get more than 2 loops.

Also, other than the boss LS-2, i haven't seen any with a sum or blend option (to blend a loop with low end rolloff effects with a less-tortured loop).

Any suggestions? www.loooper.com isn't taking orders presently, and I don't think electrick-garage.com does loop with blend pedals (though I have asked).

I'd like 3 or 4 loops, and the ability to switch any or all of them to be blendable/parallel

(i've searched, and have only seen 2 loop pedals)

2. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    You couldn't find anything? :confused:

Here's the two best ones out there - we talk about them all the time!

Barge Concepts VFB-2 - This one's $115, but because they're a small builder, they also take custom orders. A newer version with an expression pedal input is coming soon - the VFB-X.

Xotic Effects X-Blender - this one's a fully-loaded blend loop pedal. It's much more expensive than the Barge Concepts one, but loaded with features.

If you want multiple loops, you could either use multiple units or get a custom-made one from Barge Concepts.

3. four2oh

four2oh

Mar 29, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    +10 on the Xotic X-Blender, love this pedal!!!!

4. ph0rk

ph0rk

Feb 24, 2007
    those are single loop blenders, I'd rather not buy several pedals if there is one (or a custom) that will do.

The loooper would do this (3, 4, 5 loops, blendable), but unavailable now.

According to barge's website, more complicated vfb's are "in the works"

5. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    I forgot to mention... unlike what Loooper used to offer, the Barge Concepts and Xotic blend loop pedals both feature active fully buffered blending. The old Loooper option was a passive blend.

The "more complicated VFBs" is a reference to the VFB-X and the VB-Jr. I don't know if they're currently doing custom orders because of their recent move and their work on the VFB-X, but definitely e-mail them about the custom model. If you search TB, you'll see that there's actually a thread dedicated to people who got custom versions made.

6. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    An e-mail some of us got from Barge a few days ago suggested that they are taking custom orders based on the VFB-2, but aren't yet taking custom orders on the new expression-pedal VFB.