Favorite Marcus Miller tunes?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Guss, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Well? I want to get into him now I think. I appreciate everyone's help with my inquiries!
  2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Tutu, Panther, Cousin John, Power.

The Ozell Tapes has all of those songs on it. Other than Ozell tapes Get M2 and Live+More.

brad cook
  3. PlayTheBass

PlayTheBass aka Mac Daddy

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    The Sun Don't Lie is the MM album for me. A must-listen. The originals are wide-ranging and kickass, and hearing him thump "Teentown" has got to bring a smile of amazement to any bass player's face!
  4. Panther is good, yes, but these days I really dig his version of Frankenstein. Of course, that song is just awesome anyways...
  5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Everything on The Sun Don't Lie but specifically, "Power" & "Panther" both do it for me!!
  6. The opening on Power on the Ozell Tapes is probably the baddest thing I have ever heard!
  7. Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I like It's Me Again.
  8. Does EU's "Da Butt" count? :)

Hey, MM wrote it...
  9. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    It`s not a MM song per se, but my favourite is
    "Teen Town".

In fact, "The Sun don`t lie" was my first MM album, and, believe it or not, I`d never heard Teen Town before.
    I couldn`t believe that those lines could be played slapping and with such an incredible tone.

Since then, it`s been my fav MM tune.
  10. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Yeah, neither did I. I didn't appreciate Teen Town (MM version) that much....but when I came across the original, I really liked it. I didn't even know Jaco by then.... I do now... ;)

The whole album is fantastic, just full of creative stuff, talent and whatsoever.....
  11. I just got a Marcus Miller DVD for my birthday two days ago :hyper:
  12. Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    I really like what he did with Miles Davis on the album "Tutu"