Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

favorite megadeth album

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by eric##1, Jul 28, 2000.

1. eric##1

eric##1

Jun 24, 2000
    what is your fav. megadeth album? mine is so far, so good, so what

2. I gotta go with the old stuff.. Peace Sells is my favorite. Killing Is My Business a close second. Strictly IMO, all those old-school metal bands should have given it up 10 years ago.

3. Tom14454

Tom14454

Feb 5, 2000
    Peace Sells is my favorite, but not the best (Rust in Peace is). The bass lines on Peace Sells are just wicked!!! I don't believe those bands should have given it up, but maybe not have taken it into a lighter direction

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    definitely rust in peace. i still listen to that album at least once or twice a month. definitely their best album.

actually, i think rust in peace is my favorite heavy metal album ever, followed by powerslave (close second)

------------------
    you wanna see a frustrated guitarist? let a guitarist try to do something useful on one of my basses. _THAT'S_ a frustrated guitarist.

5. I haven´t listened to many albums, but Killing is my business( and business is good) is a great album!

6. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    in this order for me...

Peace Sells
    Killing is my business
    So Far So Good...

the rest of it sucks IMHO

As far as bass playing, their debut is fantastic.

7. I like all of their earlier albums. I think my favorite, though, is Rust In Peace. It has some intense Mustaine riffs and Marty Friedman solos, not to mention the powerful drums and bass of Nick Menza and Dave Ellefson. There was the coolest bass break in the song, "Take No Prisoners." I bought that album just before I bought my first bass. That little bass thing in that song was definitely a factor in my wanting to play bass.

8. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Peace sells... - hands down (Chris Poland is great!!) But I'd really like to punch the engineer - the sound on the album is horrible....

9. Rust in Peace by Far. Peace sells rocks, though. Does Dave Elefson get a royalty for every time they play his bass lick on "eMpTyV" news? <p> Sad, the direction Megadeth took. I guess that what happens when you get old (no offense). The last album that was any good was "Youthanasia".