Favorite metal(hardcore,sludge,ect.)bands that are no longer together?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jazzbasslover, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Jazzbasslover

Dec 8, 2004
    Lately, in a fit of nastalgia, I've been listening to a lot of my old favorite metal/hardcore bands that have been broken up for a while. Although I listen to a variety of music nowadays, I like to go back and listen to music from my days when I felt as though music sucked if it wasn't fast and or loud, now and again. I guess it helps me to not lose touch with my roots and where I come from. Besides, I still really enjoy the music. So, from the genre listed above who are your favorite bands who are no longer together. A few come to mind immediately:

Dead Horse
    eyehategod(are they still disbanded, I know they're kind of on again off again.
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I didn't know EHG was disbanded... what a duketastrophy.

It seems I don't discover bands until they are gone, which sucks because I love live music.
  3. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Sacred Reich - the really old stuff like "Surf Nicaragua". They may still be together but the old sound is dead.
  4. Thought they still are technically "together," top pick for me would be Sepultura. They just haven't been the same since Max Cavalera left and started Soulfly.
  5. I love Acid Bath "When the Kite String Pops"
    I heard the bass player died in a car accident or something?
  6. M.O.D. has a new video out called "Wiggas"...I think you should be able to find it on Vulture Rock records or something like that...

When did DRI / SOD disband?..saw both about 2 years ago...great shows....

Bands, hmmm, what about...

Sheer Terror
    Minor Threat
    original Black Flack -- pre-Rollins
    Death Sentence
    MC5 (yes I know not either genre, but still would be great to see them play)
    FEAR .....the list could never end
  7. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Yup. Drunk driver hit the car he was in.
  8. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    If we're talking about hardcore bands I really miss The Nerve Agents. They kicked some serious butt!
  9. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    They are still together? In this hole I live in called Tucson nobody comes through here. I haven't heard of anything from any of them in years.
  10. Jazzbasslover

Dec 8, 2004
    D.R.I are still together. They signed with a new label not long ago. I've seen them live 3 times in the past few years.
  11. Jazzbasslover

Dec 8, 2004
    Yeah, he was killed by a drunk driver. Among many family and friends he left behind a wife and 15 mo. old daughter. Driver got 15 years I believe.
  12. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    easily, the Dillinger Escape Plan.

I know they're still together, but they dont sound the same with a new singer and bass player :meh: . Calculating Infinity was too amazing, and their new album just isnt up to that level, IMO.
  13. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Piecemeal. Those guys were great. Members from that band went on to form The Hope Conspiracy and Hamartia.
  14. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Bad Brains.

I wish they could get back together and STAY back together long enough to do a decent sized tour.
  15. Head Creep

Head Creep

Nov 6, 2004
    Los Angeles
    S.O.D., the Cavalera-fronted Sepultura, and Alcoholica (to replace Nu-Metallica). If Metallica were to replace the midget behind the drums, give Dave Mustaine his job back, release a new album that's along the lines of Ride the Lightning and go on tour, I could die in peace.
  16. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Dissection but they're coming back!
  17. CabbageStabbage

Oct 11, 2004
    I can't believe nobody mentioned Death! :bassist:

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner.
  18. mwm70

Oct 27, 2004
    Wrathchild America/Souls at Zero