Favorite movie car chase scene?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tekhna, Feb 25, 2005.

1. tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    My nomination would go for The Matrix Reloaded with the freeway scene. As much as that movie sucked, the freeway was freakin' awesome. I also really liked the chase scene from the Bourne Identity when they are in Paris, with the tiny little car.
  2. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    Blues Brothers...pretty much the entire movie.
  3. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hands down...both of them. These car chases are the ones by which all others will be judged. Until then it was chase in Bullit.

brad cook
  4. That Bullit scene still has it for the coolest cars, and the lamest conclusion.
  5. I like the Blues Brothers because it's classic, the Matrix one because it's nausea inducing, and the the one where James Bond's car gets ripped in half, because it's funny.

Ah, and I'm a big fan of the car chases on "World's Worst Car Chases" too...on Spike TV but those don't count.

At least they don't involve slinging ferraris down the highway like that crap Wil Smith/ Martin Laurence crapfest.
  6. DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    The Rock stands out as one beyond Bullitt and Blues Brothers.

A dirtbike, a Ferrari and a San Franscisco streetcar...kabloomey!
  7. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Definitely! I like the one where the Bro's are "chasing" the Illinois Nazis off the bridge. :D:D:D
  8. ...good also are The French Connection, & The Italian Job(the original late-60's version). Again, not my favorite or even a chase scene, Sorcerer w/Roy Scheider(I think). Yeah- I just googled it. I remember too, that there is a wicked chase scene in the beginning.
  9. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    It might stand out for me if the movie wasn't so dumb. It reaches levels of dumbness and melodrama that can only be achieved by the deadly duo of Michael Bay and Jerry Bruckheimer.

brad cook
  10. "...I've always loved you..."
  11. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Smokey and the Bandit.
  12. Last few minutes of "Les Triplettes de Belleville"

The car chase from "Bullitt"
  13. alembic76407

Apr 29, 2004
    Brewster McCloud, is my favorite chase scene, it with a 1970 Roadrunner and a 70 Z-28 and a V-8 4 speed AMC Grimlin.
    and a funny movie at that!!!
  14. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    I was just about to say that one.
  15. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York

That line in the movie reminds me of a funny story. I had a customer come in 15+ years ago with a slipping transmission. The fluid was burnt, and the trans needed replacing. He insisted that a fluid/filter change would solve all his problems. So, I did what I was asked (which naturally didn't fix the problem). We test drove it down the street, and (with the trans slipping like crazy) I turned around in the local Olds dealer's parking lot to head back to the shop. As we were passing the new cars at the dealer, the customer asked me "well, what do you think?" I replied "Looks like the new Oldsmobiles are in early this year."

We wound up doing the tranny in his car, and I still chuckle to myself when I hear that line.
  16. "...disco pants & haircuts..."
    "...my bed, you louse!"
  17. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    The French connection - cuz it's a chase right through my neighborhood. :)
  18. Italian job (original, not the pointless remake)
    French Connection
    Terminator2- the chase in the storm drain- Freightliner wrecker vs. dirtbike
    The Driver

ps. speaking of car chases shot near your house- there's a film starring John Wayne in which he "borrows" someone's Ford Capri and drives recklessly through London- along Trinity road which is within walking distance of me, then a minute later crashes on Tower bridge- which in reality would take a good half hour- at least, and over an hour in traffic :D
  19. BlacktotheBlind

BlacktotheBlind Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    same here, also Bullitt. anyone ever seen Vanishing Point with the white Dodge Challenger? that movie owns just for the Challenger alone.