Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Favorite musician that does not play bass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mike lead, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Everyone is surprise when i tell them, that my favorite musician of all Time is Jimi Hendrix, who plays guitar. I do not dig guitar sound and feel, but he is like a complete Artist to me. Very expresive Besides, i also love Neil Peart. I try to play his patterns with slap n pop(really hard to do, im still working on it:D). I know a lot of succesful musicians love artist who plays another instrument(Malmsteen: Violin, etc) Do you have any? :bassist:

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    dizzy, miles, bird, 'trane, tony williams, herbie, chick, woody shaw, freddie hubbard, joe henderson, satchmo, branford, wynton, weckl, chambers, terri lynn carrington, chaka kahn, ella, sarah, luis miguel, frank roselino (sp?), scofield, metheny, Topo Gigo, sinatra, roger ingram, jon faddis, lew soloff, maynard, al hirt, Joey Arkenstat (the best!!), etc.

i can go on and on...forever....

3. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Miles Davis and John Medeski are two of my favorites.

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    remember that little mouse that played drums (i know i didn't spell it right)? 50's or 60's?

:D

5. savagelucy

savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    Canada
    jimi hendrix and john frusciante (guitar RHCP)

they both play with so much soul, and i feel istantly connected with each of their music when i hear them play. they're truly great musicians.

6. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Stevie Ray Vaughn:bassist:

7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Allan Holdsworth

8. Guitar: Michael Hedges

Keys: Neil Larsen

Drums: Carter Beauford

Not that anyone has heard of any of them.

:confused: :)

9. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Chas Smash, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Nick Hexum, Dana Colley, Frank Zappa and more..

10. darkjoker667

darkjoker667

Apr 21, 2003
    Pantera, Led Zepplin(excluding Rex and JPJ of course), Rob Halford, Gene Hoglan, King Buzzo, James Hetfield, Rob Zombie

11. Jimmy Page
    Hendrix
    Miles Davis
    Jimmy Smith
    Herbie Hancock
    Stevie Ray Vaughn
    John Bohnam
    Mike O'Shea- A drummer I played with, an subconscious musician, was able to make music and be one with the groove without actively thinking about it and overanalyzing...He was just in a state of mind that most musicians should eventually hope to be in...

Glenn

12. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Buddy Rich
    Hermeto Pascoal
    Howard Levy
    Bela Fleck
    Charlie Parker
    Miles Davis
    Chick Corea
    Too many more...

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Danny Carey (drummer for Tool)
    Josh Freese (drummer for A Perfect Circle).

I dont play the drums but i am really into them. I have a kit in my room but it belongs to the drummer of my band, and i suck at playing them anyway. I am really into the bass and drums of a song, more-so then the guitar.

14. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Travis Barker.

end.

15. jimi chamerlain.
    ansel adams?
    tony diterlizzi?
    nathan dye?

16. Tom Morello
    Angus Young
    Larry LaLonde

My three favorite right here cuz their my Guitarists and Drummer:

Luke Andreini (Guiarist)
    Randy Baudendistel (Drummer)
    Heeva Asefvaziri (Guitarist)

17. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Stewart Copeland.

18. Jimmy Page, Dave Mustaine, Jade Puget, Dimebag, Vinnie Abbott, John Bonham, Mr. Brett, Brian Baker (Bad Religion Era, not Minor Threat), and Henry Rollins.

19. Don't forget that Josh Freese kicked a lot of a** in the Vandals (his first and best effort) and Devo, as well as the other 100-some-odd albums his drumming is on!