Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

favorite musicians

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by hoppusdisciple, Jul 28, 2001.

1. M A R K H O P P U S

my main 3 are the boys from blink. they are masters of their craft. i hardly listen to any other bands.

2. DirntDisciple

DirntDisciple

Jul 28, 2001
    M I K E D R I N T!

I also have 3 favorites, the trio known as Green Day takes the cake for favorite musicians. They are incredible.

3. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    nothing like replying to your own thread, ay?

4. I am guessing this Hoppus disciple is probably really Mark Hoppus. Wouldnt that be funny!!

5. Lowend4s

Lowend4s

Jan 2, 2001
    P-nut
    Les
    Flea
    Sam Rivers
    Eric Wilson

These men are good.......well I know there is other great players like jaco. But I'm only 16 so these are the guys I look up too.

6. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    hoppus and delonge are awesome. I think they have hidden messages in thier music cuz for sum reason i really really like them. also the bassist from the living end is awesome. He is a really really technically talented bassist. Any one who can play amazing slap and pop solos with an upright then swing the thing around is allrigh in my book.

7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Somebody please put an end to this :rolleyes:

8. purple_haze

purple_haze

Jun 29, 2001
    London Town
    That's funny, I could have sworn the thread title said "musicians"....hmmm.

Anyway mine is without a doubt Paul McCartney. Simply the greatest all-round musician ever.

9. paul mccartney is amazing, as is his former bandmate george harrison, but my favorite muscian is either miles davis or ben folds. davis is definately the more innovative, but folds music is just fun and interesting.

10. I like Neil Young, he's my favourite musician ever. I especially like his early stuff with Buffalo Springfield, and with Crazy Horse. I also like how he seems to change styles so much, from kinda folky country rock, to harder rock, to that weird rockabilly stuff in the early 80's, to grunge, to whatever he's doing now.

11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

My favorites are Neil Peart, Eddie Van Halen, Jaco, Joe Zawinul, Django Reinhardt, Phil Keaggy and Andres Segovia.

12. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    SRV, Stone Gossard, Brad Nowell, Mike Portnoy, Nick Hexum amongst 1000 others..

13. qsoxy

qsoxy

May 4, 2001
    ya, Paul McCartney is the best all-around musician for me too

14. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Miles Davis is definitely up there. I also have a lot of respect for Prince. And favorite drummer is Carter Beauford, with Buddy Rich a close second.

15. My props go to Mozart, his music is timeless and will still be played when our great, great, great, grandchildren are around. He is the ultimate! Whether you like his music or not, you have to acknowledge his greatness as a prodigy and as a musician.
    As far as a bassist, my vote would have to go to Michael Manring. His compositions are really innovative, emotional, and intelligent.

16. BassistJ

BassistJ

Mar 20, 2001
    Hemet, CA USA
    Miles Davis, hands down. He's influenced my writting and soloing style more then any other musician I've ever listened to (and that includes Jaco). Also, I can't get over the fact that he died on my 11th birthday. Creeps me out to no end.

17. TheInsultinator

TheInsultinator

Jul 22, 2001
    My favorite musicians would have to be Mikey Weiss, Kurt Cobain, Beck, and Krist Novelisect (I'm pretty sure I butchered Krist's name, but I can't spell....).

18. RHCFlea

RHCFlea

Jun 16, 2001
    Washington DC
    Mine Would be
    Flea
    Jimi HEndrix
    John Frusciante
    Jaco Pastorius
    Tim Commerford
    Tom Morello
    Hillel Slovak
    Cliff Burton
    Eric Clapton
    Sam Rivers
    Jack Bruce
    Yo-Yo Ma

You may notice all but one play one of two instruments.

19. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Miles Davis
    John Coltrane
    Charles Mingus
    Charlie Parker