Favorite P Funk Basslines

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tupac, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Tupac

Tupac

May 5, 2011
    Night of the Thumpasorus Peoples is the best IMO. I think Bootsy played it on record, but I have to give props to Boogie for laying down this performance. Love how he effortlessly goes to legato at the end.

Sir Nose is a good one too. Here' Bootsy playing and explaining it!

2. OnTheOneBaby

OnTheOneBaby

Sep 4, 2013
    Hi Tupac,

Not much P-Funkin' around here. To me P-Funk is so deeeep in the core. I did some listening through Parliament albums to find the most hookable bass lines.

Here's Dr Funkenstein explaining the mysteries of P-Funk.

3. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    "Sir Nose" is one of the coolest bass lines I've ever heard. Bootsy's "Stretchin' Out" is just plain mean (in the best way)! Bootsy's "Pinocchio Theory" isn't the most recognizable, but it's the kind of bass line that's signature Bootsy. I love all those quick slides! He has an incredible touch that's unlike anyone else.

And if you've never heard this, you're in for a real treat - "Party Up In Here" - the Brides of Funkenstein:

4. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    Cholly (funk gettin' ready to roll)

5. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Up for the down stroke.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021