Favorite part of practicing

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Bethelbass1, Jan 29, 2005.

1. I'd like to know what everyone enjoys in their practicing. I really enjoy shifting between two notes a number of times. I just sit there and try to get closr to making a perfect shift every time. It takes a large amount of time and is very relaxing but also very helpful to playing in tune.
  2. I like the part when I cant play whatever I'm trying to play, and then I understand it. Its satisfyin. Ok Dragonetti, time to satisfy me :eyebrow:
  3. I like the the parts of practicing where I play something REALLY slow, then get gradually faster until I'm ripping through something like its nothing. If your mind/body has enough time to adjust to the new tempos it tricks your mind into thinking you are going slow.
  4. i also like it when i nail quite big shifts, it takes quite alot of time and concentration but it is a good feeling! :)
  5. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    I get a huge charge after realizing that I finally internalized a concept that I'd been working on for weeks. For instance, being able to play triplets or rakes while walking or 2-feel without premeditation. Allowing such learned concepts to spontaeneously occur in the "right" moments is such a great feeling. :p
  6. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I don't know. I just like it.