Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Favorite part of practicing

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Bethelbass1, Jan 29, 2005.

1. I'd like to know what everyone enjoys in their practicing. I really enjoy shifting between two notes a number of times. I just sit there and try to get closr to making a perfect shift every time. It takes a large amount of time and is very relaxing but also very helpful to playing in tune.

2. I like the part when I cant play whatever I'm trying to play, and then I understand it. Its satisfyin. Ok Dragonetti, time to satisfy me :eyebrow:

3. I like the the parts of practicing where I play something REALLY slow, then get gradually faster until I'm ripping through something like its nothing. If your mind/body has enough time to adjust to the new tempos it tricks your mind into thinking you are going slow.

4. i also like it when i nail quite big shifts, it takes quite alot of time and concentration but it is a good feeling! :)

5. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    I get a huge charge after realizing that I finally internalized a concept that I'd been working on for weeks. For instance, being able to play triplets or rakes while walking or 2-feel without premeditation. Allowing such learned concepts to spontaeneously occur in the "right" moments is such a great feeling. :p

6. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I don't know. I just like it.