Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Favorite Pink Floyd Album?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bassline1414, Aug 11, 2001.

1. Dark Side of the Moon

60 vote(s)
    24.9%
  2. Wish You Were Here

33 vote(s)
    13.7%
  3. Obscured by Clouds

3 vote(s)
    1.2%
  4. Meddle

16 vote(s)
    6.6%
  5. Animals

56 vote(s)
    23.2%
  6. The Wall

32 vote(s)
    13.3%
  7. Saucerful of Secrets

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  8. Ummagamma (sp?)

8 vote(s)
    3.3%
  9. The Final Cut

5 vote(s)
    2.1%
  10. Other

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  11. Piper at the Gates of Dawn

10 vote(s)
    4.1%
  12. Pulse

4 vote(s)
    1.7%
  13. Relics

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. More

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Division Bell

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  16. Atom Heart Mother

6 vote(s)
    2.5%
  17. Momentary Lapse of Reason

2 vote(s)
    0.8%
  18. Delicate Sound of Thunder

2 vote(s)
    0.8%
  19. Is There Anybody Out There?

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  1. I've been listening to a lot of Pink Floyd lately and I was wondering what some of your favorite PF albums were. Mine is Wish You Were Here, that is by my definition a PERFECT album.

2. lol

lol Guest

Jul 21, 2001
    Lyon (France)
    I also vote for WYWH, but PULSE is my favorite live album so far and Echoes is their best song IMO..

3. My favourite Pink Floyd recording ever is Pulse.. definately..

4. "The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn"

How come it's not on your list?

- Wil

5. foolfighter24

foolfighter24 Guest

Apr 22, 2000
    Arizona
    Wish You Were Here is absolutely great.

6. I love them all equally! I couldnt choose! So I chose 'The Wall' because it has twice as much Floyd as the others. But every album is great. Relics is an awesome compilation album to, its like a 'best of' of the psychadelic period.
    'Is There Anybody Out There: The Wall Live' is IMO, much better then Pulse.
    Jim

7. D'oh!
    I forgot all about that one! (and a few others, too)
    Is there anyway I can edit the poll?

I forgot:
    Is There Anybody Out There
    The Piper At The Gates of Dawn
    Pulse
    More
    Division Bell
    Atom Heart Mother
    Momentary Lapse of Reason
    Delicate Sound of Thunder

8. i put piper at the gates of dawn on there, but i can only add one more... what do you guys want?

9. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    As much as I love stuff from various albums, WYWH has always held a coveted spot.

10. Thanks, Dancehallclasher. Some people said Pulse, so I guess put that one on. Oh yeah, I got the London Calling and it's really good, thanks for the reccomendation!

11. Dont forget 'Relics' people! Its a great album! The early singles that arent on any of the other albums are great.

Im very interested in what any other Pink Floyd fans think of 'A Momentary Lapse Of Reason' and 'The Devision Bell'?
    A lot of people put them down because without Roger Waters it isnt the 'real' Pink Floyd, but personally I think they are brilliant! I think 'The Devision Bell' is up there with the best of Pink Floyd from any period.

Is it just me, or was that band blessed with excessive talent? The first singer/songwriter, who was brilliant goes nuts and leaves, so the bassplayer steps up to the plate to become one of the greatest singer/songwriters in rock history, he leaves to go solo, so then the guitarist takes charge revealing himself to be just as good! What other band ever possessed so much talent!

12. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    You can add as many options as you want to a poll, but you only get two fields to enter them in, so you have to keep going back. Have a look at the "Best Amp" poll in Amps to see how many can be added! :eek:

By the way, it's got to be The Wall for me, though Wish You Were Here? and Piper At The Gates Of Dawn come pretty close.

13. ok, one big-ass poll, coming up...

14. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    i chose piper. i love them when they sounded all trippy and poppy.

15. This is slightly off topic, but I was wondering what everyone thought of the movie "Pink Floyd: The Wall". I thought it was really disturbing, but great at the same time. Opinions?

16. I agree, I thought it was brilliant, like the work of an insane genius. Its like a car accident, very difficult to watch and very disturbing, but you cant turn your eyes away. More art then a movie. I thought it captured the feeling of the album very well too. Love all those twisted animations like the walking hammers and the trial.
    Jim

17. Yeah, it was very good at giving the visual aspect of the album. Very symbolic, too.

18. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    geldof does a good job in the movie, butr i always felt the movie and the album were greatly overrated.

19. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    I thought the film wasn't too bad - it matched the album's intesity and mood, and Bob Geldof did well in quite a difficult role. Saying that though, it didn't really stand alone from the album particularly - it was more like a video for an entire record than it was a film.

20. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    they should have put the album out with geldof's vocals. much more intense and emotional