Favorite Primus album

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Suck On This

2 vote(s)
  2. Frizzle Fry

15 vote(s)
  3. Sailing The Seas Of Cheese

12 vote(s)
  4. Pork Soda

2 vote(s)
  5. Miscellaneous Debris

1 vote(s)
  6. Tales From The Punchbowl

3 vote(s)
  7. Rhinoplasty

0 vote(s)
  8. Brown Album

4 vote(s)
  9. Antipop

4 vote(s)
  1. If it's already been done, if not yay. But for me Frizzle Fry:bassist:
  2. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    Overall, Frizzle Fry was the best. I also like Suck on This, Sailing the Oceans of Cheese, and Antipop. Everything else is just to strange for my tastes.
  3. i like sailing the SEAS ;) of cheese more than antipop.

but those are the only 2 i've heard.

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Seas o cheese. Frizzle Fry was great, i guess i just played it out.
  5. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I voted Sailing The Seas Of Cheese, but I like them all..
  6. Gosh this one is tough, I voted Frizzle Fry, but really I like Brown, Pork, and Sailing. I also liked the Rhinoplasty live versions of Tommy the Cat and Party time lounge.
  7. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Maybe it's just passing whimsy but after really thinking about the songs I voted for Tales From the Punchbowl. I know that's perplexing to some but I just really enjoy that collection of songs and I've always felt it was an underrated album. Over the Electric Grapevine is awesome. The album is also, IMO, the more "prog-ish" of their catalog. Larry Lalonde's playing on this seems much improved and advanced over the albums leading up to it and of course it was good 'ole Herb's last album with Primus.

Didn't choose Pork Soda for it's inconsistency, Seas of Cheese got beat because it's not as varied and epic as Tales (which some might understandably consider a good thing) and I didn't choose Frizzle Fry because I felt like they were just getting started and the group interplay and sheer skill on their instruments still had a ways to go. Tales featured a Primus that, in my mind, was miles ahead of the Suck on This/Frizzle Fry band. Now I must disclaim that I like all of their albums a lot (never been REAL fond of the Brown album but it's ok).

brad cook
  8. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I like em all but if I had to pick one I think it would be Sailing The Seas Of Cheese!
  9. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    And they are all actual albums by Primus?
  10. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    I picked AntiPop as the most listenable cd. It's kinda funny that they named it AntiPop as it's the most poppy cd they've made.
  11. Wow, I can't believe I'm the first one to pick "Pork Soda" as their favorite. I love it's dark, moody feel and I like all the tapping that Les was into at the time. I don't think it's inconsistent at all.
  12. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    The Brown Album rawked!
  13. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    we have had this discussion lots of times... and everytime i have replied "Frizzle Fry"
  14. it's a tie between Seas of Cheese and Frizzle Fry.
  15. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I whole heartedly agree with this whole statement in every way.:cool: