Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Favorite Punk and Ska Bands?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by RadAquabatCadet, Jul 26, 2002.

1. What are some of your favorite punk and ska bands. And some punk and ska bands you just happen to know. Thanks.

2. We opened for Authority Zero last Sunday night in a small skitown here in Colorado. Pretty impressive. I hung out with the bass player on Tuesday after they played in Fort Collins. We argued religion for an hour or so. What a blast. Great guys. Awesome music.

3. JOhnk

JOhnk

Mar 31, 2001
    burlington, vt
    the ziggens, my good man.

4. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    Madness, reel big fish and mighty mighty bosstones.

5. cap

cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    Less than Jake
    Mighty Mighty Bosstones

6. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I don't really listen to a lot of punk & ska bands, but I sure like Reel Big Fish & The Mighty Mighty Bosstones!

7. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    rancid/mummy says im special (R.I.P)/drugdealer cheerleader.

8. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    Capdown and [spunge] !
    :D

9. sweetpea

sweetpea Guest

Jun 6, 2002
    S'port, LoUiSiAna
    They're a christian band. Saw them in concert a few years back. Met the bassist.

They've played on some of the Veggie Tale videos

10. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    a band i was in for awhile, the Skankin Buvas, opened for them, and five iron frenzy a few times as well. great guys. the W's informed us that you could use the performers passes they gave you, and go up the exit ramps to all the rides(we played at hershey park for that show) and show your pass, and get on with no wait. front seats on the roller coasters, with no wait? heck yeah. im spoiled now. on topic, the only ska i ever listen to is five iron frenzy on occasion, and the skankin buvas.

11. Two tone be da best mon!!

I like de Specials and de Special AKA

:D

12. rancid and reel big fish!

13. Bad Religion, Rancid, AFI...

14. splinter

splinter

Jul 21, 2002
    Phoenix, Arizona
    In no particullar order

Bad Brains, Agression, Rudementary Peni, Specials, English Beat(bass on Mirror in the bathroom ), :D :D
    SSD Control, Scaterd-Few, Generation X, Clash, Fuzz Tones.

To name a few.

15. Goldfinger!!!! Come on!!!! And Capdown, does this catagory really mean Ska-Punk bands, or both. COs if both i would like to give an honourable mention to "unsane" i have downloaded some of their tracks, and im impressed.

sim

16. Bad Religion and NOFX are my 2 favorite bands. I also listen a zillion others. I'm not very big on ska, i think most of it sucks. I like Op Ivy and I like some of Rancid's ska-ey stuff, but thats it. Ska bands have funny names though

17. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    There's this one band called MISCELLANEOUS that I just love.

18. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Fave ska would be Less Than Jake, without a doubt. Just got in from seeing them a little while ago. RBF, MMB, and FIF are all great, as well. And Skankin Pickle! The Selector and Specials would have to be in there too.
    Fave punk is NOFX, Social D, Pennywise.

19. mrdungbeatle

mrdungbeatle

Jul 29, 2002
    Anti-flag, NOFX, Rancid, Dropkick Murphys, AFI, Pennywise, Choking victim/leftover crack, The suicide Machines, Less than jake, Link 80, Voo Doo Glowskulls. And the best for last: Sublime. Sublime is(was) with out a doubt the best southern California ska band.

20. For ska, I like the old stuff (Prince Buster was in the 50's and originally did One Step Beyond and Madness named themselves after one of his songs) and I like the newer stuff. Here's my ska favorites:

The Specials, Reel Big Fish, Prince Buster, Madness, The Selector, The Scofflaws, The English Beat, Judge Dread, and Less Than Jake.

But if I had to choose one, it would be Madness

Now punk. I like punk, but not as much as I like ska. So here's my punk picks:

The Clash, (Early) Beasty Boys, Goldfinger, Rancid, The Strokes, AFI, The Unseen, and a bunch of Regurgitator songs.

My favorite out of those is Goldfinger. But I would pick Regurgitator withough a doubt, but they only do some punk stuff.