Favorite Rickenbacker $001/4003 Finishes?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by armybass, Oct 6, 2002.

Which Color for you?

Poll closed Dec 30, 2003.
  1. Jetglo Black

26 vote(s)
  2. Mapleglo Natural

22 vote(s)
  3. Fireglo Sunburst

24 vote(s)
  4. White

2 vote(s)
  5. Blue

7 vote(s)
  6. Red

7 vote(s)
  7. Yellow, I have seen them

4 vote(s)
  8. Others, name it.

9 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    I have had a White 70's that faded to Cream color, then a Black Jetglo and a Mapleglo now got a Fireglo on the way. The Mapleglo is leading the way for me but I am really intrigued by the Fireglo, very classy looking. I think I always associate Ric's with Players and the colors the same. I see a Black Ric and I think of Geddy, White and it's Chris Squire. Who played a Fireglo, I read that Paul McCartney played one but I remember his being Natural, I know it was a refin though.

2. When I think Rickenbacker, I think fireglo. That's the way it is, but one thing doesn't exclude another!
    Therefor, I also like autumnglo and mapleglo :)
  3. tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    My 4003 is JetGlo. I also like the Creme 4001 Chris Squire model.

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I *do* like my Azureglo 4001, but Fireglo is still the one that makes my heart go pitty-pat.
  5. PJR

Jun 20, 2001
    N.E. PA
    I've always had a 'hankerin' for a white CS Ric.....

....Fireglow is cool though...... ;)

6. Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    I like black and white...and creme, thats about it.
  7. jpwinters

jpwinters Guest

Aug 22, 2002
    Norfolk, Va
  8. Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    Wow, thats a straight-up sunburst...never seen that on a Ric...must have been refinished or its an Ibanez with a Rick plastic thingmabob...
  9. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    You like Fireglo PJR? LOL. Folks, PJR is hooking me up with this beauty! Thanks Bro, hey I just put "You're" Sterling in the case. Man, the case and the bass are BRAND FREAKIN NEW! There is not a single mark on that baby.

Hey Jpwinters, gimme a shout when you get to VA Beach....I am in Richmond.

10. I think this is kind of neat:

but I also like fireglo, jetglo and white, as long as it comes with a black pickguard.
  11. jpwinters

jpwinters Guest

Aug 22, 2002
    Norfolk, Va
    It's an all original 83 Rickenbacker 4003 with original finish.

Armybass, I will look you up. I'm in the Navy and will be stationed in Little Creek.
  12. AlexK

Apr 10, 2001
    I fell in love with this color since the first time I saw it...
  13. Although I like the sunburst and the burgundy, I still like the simplistic jetglo black the best so far.
  14. That's very pretty... JetGlo is my favourite, Midnight Blue (with black trim) is my second favourite, then that... then red with black trim!

15. incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    I'm kind of partial to the "non-standard" colors.........Jetglo, Mapleglo, White, Fireglo are great but I lean more towards the Midnight Blue, Teal, Sea Greeen, Burgundy etc.
  16. tonru

Mar 15, 2002
    a really hard decision,i went with jetglo.i was flipping daily from fireglo,mapleglo,to jetglo till the day i ordered mine.it's a lefty,so i ended up waiting nearly 5 months,and changed my mind every day i waited.
    sadly my gibson Sg standard guitar is black also.so sad,i think i'll dress in black.:D
    i can't help thinking how nice the jetglo goes with an Ampeg;kinda that Ansel Adams thing...