Favorite settings for MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by HiEnd Basses, Oct 23, 2016.

1. HiEnd Basses

HiEnd Basses

Mar 4, 2016
    Recently purchased this pedal a few months ago, and still playing with it. It's definitely less straight forward than my dirt pedals and Octave pedals. So I thought I'd ask those of you that have the MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe what your favorite settings are. I have some uncertainty regarding the role of the Intensity, Rate, and Width, and how they interact.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    I usually run mine where you can tell it's on, although I experiment around a little with the rate. Usually intensity and width at 12:30, rate upwards of 1:30, though I might back it up to noon or less occasionally, bass slightly past noon and treble on about 2:00. I never use the X-over. Some people like a little more subtlety, but I don't go for that too much.

It's easier to figure out what everything does when you have the rate going at a pretty good clip. Intensity is how drastic the chorus effect is, rate, of course, is how quickly it cycles, and width is how wide the frequency sweep is. But the only real way to figure out how each interacts with the other is to just keep playing with the knobs. You'll get a feel for it soon enough.

expatmuso likes this.
  3. HiEnd Basses

HiEnd Basses

Mar 4, 2016
    Thanks, Jimmy!

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022