Favorite Simpsons Quote?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by gruffpuppy, Nov 10, 2000.

1. this might be one of those "guess you had to see is" subjects but i would have to start it with:

Homer (sarcastic): "Ooh, look at me... I'm making people happy! I'm the magical man! From Happy Land! In a gumdrop house on lollipop lane!

kills me every time i hear it
  2. "alright.. now let me write that on my invisible typewriter" and umm.. anything homer says "mmmmm beer" "mmmmm forbiden donut"

3. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Let them HAVE their TAR TAR Sauce!

- Montgomery C. Burns

4. lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK

That's mine too! I drag it out every time we have fish, much to the annoyance of my wife. "Continue the research" (after the "flying" monkeys fall to their deaths) is a close second.

I have a favorite scene too, which is particulary relevant right now. I don't remember the episode, but they show a pair of political opponents and their supporters. The Republican supporters are holding a sign that says, "We're evil!" and the Democratic supporters are holding a sign that reads "We can't govern!"

I think that says it all.
  5. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Homer: Moe, I need your advice...
    Moe: Yeah?
    H: I've got this friend named... uh... Joey...JoJo... Junior... SHABADOO?
    M: That's the worst name I've ever heard.
    (Man at bar starts crying and runs out)
    Barney: HEY! JOEY JOJO!

The best... :)
  6. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    There are so many... I don't think I can pick just one.

But if I did, it would have to be:

"Alcohol... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems."

And then any quote from the "Mr. Sparkle" commercial.

"Join me or die. Can you do any less?"
    "What a brave corporate logo!"
    "Awesome-ah Powah!"

Oh yeah, when Mr. Burns says, "Since the beginning of time man has yearned to destroy the sun."
  7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I'm not sure if this is exactly how it goes but a vacation saleman is in Homer's home. Homer rushes him back to the door.

Sales guy: But sir, doesn't your family deserve a wonderful vacation? How can you put a price on that?

Homer: Hmmmmm...that's true....but then, here we are!

and slams the door in his face.

You probably had to be there. It's funny if you've ever listened to that pitch.
  8. Evil Alien Replicon disguised as Bob Dole:
    "Abortions for all"
    (crowd boos)
    "Abortions for none"
    (crowd boos)
    "Very well, abortions for some, miniature American flags for others."
    (crowd cheers)
  9. i just thought of another one that kills me
    lisa has become a vegetarian and homer going to have a pig roast/barbeque, lisa asks can't we just serve salad?
    and homer says "lisa honey you don't make freinds with salad" bart kicks it up a notch and starts singing with a latin groove "you don't make freinds with salad" the rest of the family except lisa join in
  10. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    At the end of that episode Homer offers Lisa a Veggieback home.

My favourite one is where Homer and Lisa go in flotation tanks. Homeres comment after is 'I went on a wild ride without leaving the building'. You have to have seen the episode to know why its funny.

May 29, 2000
    hooksett NH USA
    " aaawwww my eyeball"

All my other favorite lines have been done.
  12. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH

then Homer follows the "mmm forbidden donut" with " Sacrilicious!" Classic. Oh and I like the new one in my sig, too.

Chris A.:rolleyes:
  13. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH

Then at the pig roast Lisa sends the pig zooming down the hill, with Homer and Bart running after it, "It's just a little dirty, it's still good, it's still good." Then
    "It's just a little wet, it's still good, it's still good." And finally " It's just a little airborn, it's still good, it's still good!"

Chris A.:rolleyes:
  14. pierce

pierce freethinker

May 25, 2000
    San Francisco, Ca
    "its too late, marge. i already said woo hoo"
  15. Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    ...in the car to Lisa if i remember correctly:

"Honey, can you hold the wheel? Daddy has to scratch himself in two places at once."
  16. Homer, Bart, Flanders, and Tom are all in a boat lost in the middle of the ocean. A seagull flies overhead.

Flanders: Look! A seagull! We must be near land! They only come out to sea to die!

The seagull lets out a squack and crashes into the ocean.

Gets me every time. :D

May 29, 2000
    hooksett NH USA

AT the end of the episode the show the pig flying and play "Baby I'm Amazed," right??
  18. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

ROFL. One of my personal favorite scenes, and all too true(and relevant)!
  19. "To start, press any key. Where's the "any" key? I see Esc, Ctarl, and Pigup. Theer doesn't seem to be any "any" key!!"--Homer

LOVE that one. I was busting up for about five minutes after the first time I heard it.

Rock on
  20. Mr. Burns: "Were you saying 'Boo'.. or 'Boo-urns'?

Crowd: "Booooo!!"

Moleman: "I was saying Boo-urns.."