favorite song to play with effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by supergreg, Jan 21, 2002.

1. supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    what is everyones favorite song to play with effects. I like to play the ballad of bucket head (by primus, if youve seen videoplasty you know what im talking about) with wah.
  2. Great topic!

Spank my ***** by Prodigy, now that's a great song to play if you want to use synths. It's also a great song to exercise your fretwork.
  3. Oh yeah, there's also Spybreak (oneshot) by Propellerheads that has the best repetitive bass synth line to play.
  4. Muse - hypermusic
    AllodoX - Adopt, adapt, improve.
  5. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    King Crimson - Sleepless. I don't care how it's supposed to be done. A single slap-back echo really makes it sond wild.
  6. Primus - Voyage of the Liquid Sky (filter heaven)
    Tool - 46&2(thick chorus and heavy dist.) and nearly every song off of lareralus.
    Cream - Sunshine of Your Love (i play the guitar parts with overdrive, fuzz, wah, and anything else i can find.)
    Oysterhead - Anything (losts of filter use)
    Parliment - Flashlight
    Rush - Tom Sayer (when my band covered this i would mimic all the synth parts of the song with filters, fuzz, phasors, and the old trick of finding that perfect sweet spot on a wah)

tip: a wah used before distortion and held in a single point can make a perfect synth sound ESPECIALLY when used with chorus.
  7. supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    yeah tom sayer is really fun to play. when i play it i sing and play the keyboard part. Next i have to try YYZ
  8. SUPERGREG!!!???
    MONOBROWS F#@$ING RULE :D ;) :p :eek:
  9. supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    lol. i know. supergreg is pretty cool. i would of used the name jacobass but the server wouldnt let me.
  10. The Beatles' Mean Mr. Mustard. Sure it's short and just fuzz.. but it's fun!