Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

favorite song to play with effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by supergreg, Jan 21, 2002.

1. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    what is everyones favorite song to play with effects. I like to play the ballad of bucket head (by primus, if youve seen videoplasty you know what im talking about) with wah.

2. Great topic!

Spank my ***** by Prodigy, now that's a great song to play if you want to use synths. It's also a great song to exercise your fretwork.

3. Oh yeah, there's also Spybreak (oneshot) by Propellerheads that has the best repetitive bass synth line to play.

4. Muse - hypermusic
    AllodoX - Adopt, adapt, improve.

5. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    King Crimson - Sleepless. I don't care how it's supposed to be done. A single slap-back echo really makes it sond wild.

6. Primus - Voyage of the Liquid Sky (filter heaven)
    Tool - 46&2(thick chorus and heavy dist.) and nearly every song off of lareralus.
    Cream - Sunshine of Your Love (i play the guitar parts with overdrive, fuzz, wah, and anything else i can find.)
    Oysterhead - Anything (losts of filter use)
    Parliment - Flashlight
    Rush - Tom Sayer (when my band covered this i would mimic all the synth parts of the song with filters, fuzz, phasors, and the old trick of finding that perfect sweet spot on a wah)

tip: a wah used before distortion and held in a single point can make a perfect synth sound ESPECIALLY when used with chorus.

7. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    yeah tom sayer is really fun to play. when i play it i sing and play the keyboard part. Next i have to try YYZ

8. SUPERGREG!!!???
    MONOBROWS F#@$ING RULE :D ;) :p :eek:

9. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    lol. i know. supergreg is pretty cool. i would of used the name jacobass but the server wouldnt let me.

10. The Beatles' Mean Mr. Mustard. Sure it's short and just fuzz.. but it's fun!