Favorite Super Bowl commercials

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Reverend G-Money, Feb 2, 2005.

1. OK, so i'm lazy and didn't do a search, but we all know the Super Bowl is notorious for commercials. i think my favorite all time is the one that did the Battlebots take off with the "mini-fridge"... that was comedy..
    so, in years past, which sales pitches stood out to you most? :D
  2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I don't really remember but if there were ever any featuring Puerto Rican boy band Menudo then those were definitely the best.

brad cook
  3. well, that explains your Ricky Martin obsession!!! :eek: :D
  4. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i remember last year when the dog bit the dude in the nuts for his beer.

5. I really enjoyed the one last year for Janet Jackson's new album :bag:
  6. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I thought that was an ad for some kinda breastfeeding contraption. :confused:

brad cook
  7. nah man, it was for nipple accessories. tattoo magazines just don't have the same extended audience as the super bowl. marketing genius i tell ya... :D
  8. One of my favorites is the Budweiser commercial that has a mouse running in a wheel that apparently generates power for the entire city, and when the Budweiser is taken from in front of the wheel, he stops running. Still makes me chuckle thinking about it.
  9. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Now, see, that mouse was stupid. If it had been placed behind him, then I'd think it was truely hilarious.
  10. Trunk Monkey!!!!! The Trunk Monkey is hilarious. If you haven't seen it already, www.trunkmonkey.com is the website for it. It's actually done here in the NW by a local advertising firm, and is now syndicated in something like 33 different countries.:D

Rock on
  11. You always have to bring me down, don't you Brendan? ;)
  12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    If you like Bud, you deserve to be cut down. I mean, really, Bud?
  13. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Whoa, whoa...ease up on Bud.

brad cook

Attached Files:

• Bud.jpg
      File size:
      9.7 KB
  14. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    What was the Larry 'Bud' Melman skit on Letterman back when he was funny?.. He had Larry'Bud" wearing an Admiral's uniform("He's not affiliated with the Navy in any way. He just dresses like this because it makes him look good...damn good."), sitting at a small table with a revolver on the table in front of him with its cylinder out. And he was answering 'questions from the audience'.

I know it sounds lame. But it got really good when it became obvious that he couldn't read the cue cards, so he was trying to fake it and couldn't. He totally fell apart, but he kept trying. Awesome.
  15. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    the most memorable for me was the cat-herding commercial.

it was shown the year the rams beat the titans.
  16. Actually, I don't like Bud at all. I'm more of a Guinness man. I simply thought the idea of the commercial was hilarious...not the fact that it was Bud.
  17. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    When Michael Jackson almost blew his face off on a Pepsi commercial.

If that wasen't a Super Bowl commercial, too bad, it's still my favorite!!!!
  18. Last year when Jerry Jones, Bill Parcells, and a bunch of random football players who didn't make the superbowl are all singing "Tomorrow"

That was one of best commercials I've ever seen.

Honorable mention to "What are YOU doing?!" which parodied those stupid "whazaaaaaaaaah" commercials made by the same people.
  19. The "Thrown off a Bridge" video is the best. Hilarious. :D
  20. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    still waiting to see what mike powell says about the go daddy dot com commercial.