favorite synth device?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bigfeet, Jul 30, 2002.

1. envelope controled filter (no contest)

15 vote(s)
  2. octaver

2 vote(s)
  3. distortion, fuzz, overdrive, etc...

2 vote(s)
  4. ring modular

0 vote(s)
  5. midi-division

2 vote(s)
  6. all in one units

3 vote(s)
  7. other

3 vote(s)
  1. Thought I'd poll everyone on their favorite synth device. What's your favorite synth device and why?

I have to say the envelope controlled filter is my favorite... I can determine the ultamate shape and output of my synthesized signal which I would use an adsr amp for if they made one for guitar or better yet bass. And better yet, they sound really different on their own.
  2. My Chunk fuzz before my EBS BassIQ is becoming my latest fav. With the "attack" knob on the EBS you can delay the envelope by up to two seconds. This prevents the fuzz from triggering the filter wildly. You end up with a very cool, over the top sound...I luv it. The Chunk also has a "gate" knob for a *very* synthy tone. Good stuff!
    Here is a sample of that gate in action; http://www.chunk.com.au/sounds/FZ002_Gate_High.mp3

3. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

Moogerfooger Low Pass filter is the filter section from a mini-moog with an envelope-follower circuit to control it. Sounds very moogish, and moog, my friend, is the definition of synth!!
  4. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
  5. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    I've been loving this setup:

Guyatone Slow Volume > Prunes + Custard > Boss Bass Chorus

The Guyatone removes the attack, the P+C adds distortion and a filter-sweep sound, and the Chorus gives it a swirly shimmer -- it sounds amazing, especially on sustained notes...
  6. That SV-2 is similar to what the BassIQ does with it's attack delay thing. I have always wanted one of those....I bet it's very cool.
  7. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north

But the EBS BassIQ is cool too. Throw in some flanging or distorsion and it goes nuts... :)
  8. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    I want it all in one package - the EH Bass Microsynth... Oh it will be mine...
  9. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    Roland V-bass has some great synth sounds, and tracks perfectly. Sigh . . . I guess I'll have to do with my Boss SE-70 for a while longer. . .

Laurence Mollerup
  10. Sprinkler

Sprinkler [account disabled]

Jul 31, 2002
    this distortion pedal i made myself...
    over 20+ seconds of sustain... it makes even the slightest signal sound like normal.
  11. Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    Fulltone Bassdrive>Boss OC-2>EH Microsynth=HUGE.