Favorite TB bassist... And Why

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by grooveguru, Jun 17, 2002.

1. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Ok, time to stir it up. Who's your favorite TB bassist? Give your reasons why. We're talkin regulars here not the guys with the big endorsement deals. My vote is Munjibunga
    and I've taken a vow of silence.
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    who's muji? would that be muji doo? ;)
  3. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    ooo, doesn't that violate your vow?

:D :D
  4. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    please forgive me for being a pain in the a$$. just trying my hardest to win friends and be popular. you know, my usual routine. :D
  5. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Favorite TBer???

I can't even decide which is my favorite flavor at Baskin Robins.... :confused:
  6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    IN no particular order:

Everyone. I like everone here. I think that all the regular TBers are great people that are really fun to talk to, and a blast to chat with about bass stuff. That said, I can't name everyone...it would be most of the list of people here ate TB. That's why I post here, and hang out here most of my intenet time.
  7. ;) You mean BASSkin Robbins.....

And sucking up works - I have Munji and JT tied.....the reason is - I am lazy and arbitrary and they are both on this thread or mentioned here. :D
  8. tummage

Apr 23, 2002
    New Orleans, La
    I think tummage is great. He's knowlegeable, articulate, witty, nice, caring, cute, and one helluva bass play....

Sorry guys, my Mom was on the computer again.
  9. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    She forgot "modest". ;)
  10. Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    me of course :p

I cant decide. I like everyone.

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I honestly think all you guys are kool.thats one of the reasons when Im not doing a session.giging (and when Im on the road Im still in tuned,I have posted on the threads while in route thru some of the cities my fellow TBer's reside in)rehearsing, etc. I come to TB and will continue even though my schedule is about to hectic all over again musically.
  12. Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    My favorite Thunder Bay bassist would have to be Marv Throneberry, who plays 1st bass in the Thunder Bay Philharmonic.
  13. Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    Oh...TalkBass...O.k...then it would have to be Fieldy.
  14. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Is Fieldy a member? :eek: Does he use his real name - what's his alias - Reginald? ;)
  15. Personality-wise, everyone here is my favorite. I love the dynamic of Talkbass, and it simply wouldn't be the same without everyone's input.

Now for my votes with regard to actual bass playing (This will be skewed horribly since I've only heard recordings of about 2% of the TB membership):
    - Best player: JT
    - Worst player: Me!

Yep, I can't sleep........
  16. (Da5id: GET SOME SLEEP,MAN!)

:oops:After reading the last couple of posts, I withdraw my votes for Munji and JT - I've decided I like everyone, too
    (***shameless suckup to everyone****)
  17. Weeeell, there really is a wealth of knowledge to found here at talk bass, and I of course love everyone here (except for those whose Idol is the bassist from Slipknot ;) ). However I'd have to say that guys like John Turner, Jazzbo, and Bruce Lindfield really have my respect. Not only for their sheer musical knowledge but for the fact that they have never, to my knowledge, attacked anyone for their views, or become confrontational without keeping an air of civility in the conversation. That shows marvelous restraint, tolerance, intelligence, and maturity. Oh yea, and becuase Bruce plays a Tobias, Jazzbo has that great signature, and John is actually just an endorsement for Conklin. ;)

P.S. I also like Max Valentino, after all, he is one of my idols.
  18. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    My mommy always said, "If you have nothing nice to say...then say something mean!!!"

I olny met a few TB'ers: Christos, Blux, JoeNerve, Nino-Brown, JoelEoM, Oddentity, Mr. Fortune Cookie, are the names I remember.

All of them are good guys and all love to play bass, and I enjoyed jamming with the ones with whom I've had a chance to sit-in.

I only have one TB'er on my Ignore List right now. So I guess I can deal with the other 21,022 members.
  19. Wait a minuet! Jazzbo has changed his sig.! And his avatar! What the hell is going on here!?