favorite video game bassline?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by LoRD_eZeK, Jul 31, 2002.

1. i think my favs are all the ones from toejam and earl on genesis...mad funky.
  2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Hands down, the underworld theme from Super Mario Bros. That's as funky as video games get.
  3. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Some of the interstitial music for the "Gran Turismo" series is slammin'.
  4. lazybassass

Jan 23, 2002
    Yes that has to be some of the best bass i've ever heard in a video game.
  5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    not really bass line... but one of my favorite songs ever is from a video game. the opening theme to Legend of the Dragoon

Here's the MP3

If anyone know's anything about the singer or songwriter, let me know. I'd love to hear more of their work
  6. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Agreed. I really noticed some killer funky lines on GT3 especially if you just sit there in certain menus.
  7. melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    I have to go with the stuff from the Gran Turismo games, great stuff
  8. Another vote for GTA3. I'll just sit listen while I read my guide.
  9. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I totatlly forgot about that! The best is the Car Dealer menu- it sounds a lot like a Bela Fleck tune, what with the banjo and all. There's some really funky stuff in there, especially at the Home/Garage.
  10. Listen

May 19, 2002
    Zero Wing....all your base are belong to us.:eek:
  11. I think you mean GT3 ;)

But I'd have to agree, GT3 and Mario have some great ones. But the best music ever composed on a game has to be Final Fantasy VIII. :D
  12. i loved the basslines in chrono trigger, my favorite was the one in the dungeons
  13. hi there,
    past week I was just remembering on mi bass the groove from an old atari game named moon-patrol , at least that was the name (i think) here in brasil , I hope someone can remember it.
    See ya....
  14. YouTouchMyBoat

Jul 31, 2002
    Underground theme and thats that....

...dam toe jam and earl was such a badass game...
  15. oldirtymoney

oldirtymoney Banned

Jul 16, 2002
    california, carslbad
    nintendo 64 disney tetris, there is one song that has a sick ass slap line
  16. APouncer

Nov 3, 2000
    Lancashire, UK
    Nintendo 64 - 1080 Snowboarding - really groovy line in the shack choosing your player, very low, needs a low B to play it. But damn - I really should practice bass as much as the half pipe on that game!
  17. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    X-Box, Jet Set Radio. Some real songs, but most composed for the game by an in-house guy(s) and there are some KILLER bass lines, and one song (out of like a 100 or so) that has this funky, rubbery slap line that's funky as all get out...
  18. Mikemike

Mikemike Miscreant

Jun 18, 2002
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    "Havana Smooth" from Rise of the Triad. Lee Jackson's work on that game is amazing.