Favourite amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Simple or complicated...

personaly i prefer simple, Peavey Mark 3, Eden WT330, Harkte HA3500....Imo they sound better than an amp with all the bells and whistles
  2. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith

Sep 9, 2001
    Quality over quantity bro.
  3. this aint quality....i pity the fool
  4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Yamaha PB-1

This one hooked to my Crown and Schroeder == teh Win!
  5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    With my Pearce BC-1 preamp at the front end, I have a simple rig that can be as complicated as I chose to make it...
  6. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Mesa/Boogie Strategy 400. Sweetest tube power amp I've ever heard.

7. wow...is it natural for me to feel jelous over that :D ...id need somebody to instruct me on setting it up though :p ...
  8. in addition to the eden head before....
  9. tonrutoo

Apr 18, 2003
    I sold my 400+ and Epifani T115 for a Buster!1x15 combo.
    While my first rig was sonically superior,I like the personality and simplicity of this combo.
  10. Aguilar DB-750, most amazing amp that i have ever heard, period.
  11. Eden World Tour is one o' my favs....

Hoping that I love my new Traynor YBA200 as much as i like old Ampeg SVT's (as soon as FedEx drops it off...urggggggggg :spit: )
  12. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    I love Mesa Boogie amps... basically all of em (do ya hear me, Benjamin Strange?:D) Especially the Bass 400+ and the M-Pulse series... I dream of having an M-Pulse 600 one day! :hyper:
  13. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA

Heath mentioned that he doesn't like the bells and whistles. The stuff he mentioned was full of bells and whistles, the Aguilars are just the perfect tube amps, nothing more, nothing less. They sound twice as good as most other amps.

There's solid state, then tube, then Aguilar.
  14. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
  15. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Trace Elliot stuff.

Bells & Whistles: RAH350SMX I have it!

Simple:V4, V6, or V8 Seriously gas'n for the V8 :bawl:

I might have to *settle* for the Traynor tube head.
  16. jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I'd really like to just get a nice Mesa/ Boogie or Ampeg amp, but for now I am stuck with a very low budget and a Behringer BX3000T.
  17. well i dont know what peavey mark 3 you're thinking of...but its probably the simplist amp ever, all it has is pre and post gain, a 7 band eq with bass and treb shelving, with the in built DDT....no bells or whistles there...i picture the swr mobass/mini mo as having bells and whistles...but yeah, the swr 8004 and eden wt are getting a little on the bells and whistles side
  18. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i want lockout's rig :mad:
    simple definitely sounds better - less stuff to load down the signal and color the tone
    take the demeter hbp - they were really smart and added an eq bypass switch - the parametric eq is wonderful, but when you engage it by hitting the switch you notice a definite "choking" of the tone
    i can't say enough about my alembic f1x and demeter 201 - stupid simple, and mondo tone
  19. BCinU

Jun 24, 2004
    The heavyweight: