Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Favourite Death Album?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by BassGod, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Scream Bloody Gore (1987)

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Leprosy (1988)

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Spiritual Healing (1990)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Human (1991)

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. Fate (1992)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Individual Thought Patterns (1993)

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  7. Symbolic (1995)

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  8. The Sound of Perseverance (1998)

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  9. Live in L.A. (2001)

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  10. Live in Eindhoven (2001)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Well, recently I just got into the band Death. I personally think they are amazing. The lyrics are just incredible, not mindless gore lyrics like other death metal bands seem to have. They are actually very inspirational. All of the musicians are incredible, masters of their craft. Just amazing. So for anyone out there, what is your favourite Death album?

Graeme :bassist:

2. 1. Human

2. Individual Thought Patterns

3. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Oh yeah, I forgot to say mine. For me, it is probably 'Symbolic'. But 'The Sound of Perseverance' comes pretty close. I like Chuck's higher pitched vocals. :)

Graeme

4. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Torn between Individual Thought Patterns and Leprosy....

Its tough to argue with the fact that ITP is pure metal genius at its very finest, but Leprosy was the album that introduced me not only to Death the band, but the entire deathmetal genre, an event that canged my life only slightly less than my older brother saying to me one day "Fine, I'll show you how to play "Paradise City", but after that you have to leave me alone!"

:smug:

5. I have heard all of them except Spritual Healing, and Leprosy is by far the best.

6. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    RIP Chuck. I'll bet you're having the time of your life jamming with Dime, Cliff Burton, and Cozy Powell in that great gig in the sky.

And since Human is the only Death album I own, I picked that. The music, lyrics, and songwriting are great...but the production/mixing is awful.

Oh yeah, before cancer took Chuck's life, he did have a project called Control Denied which had a clean vocalist named Tim Aymar (who's pretty good.) That's some great stuff too.

7. When did Cozy Powell die?

8. When I die I'd rather jam with John Bonham anyway.

9. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I too like the Control Denied stuff. Chuck in an interview said he had always thought that the vocals were the weakest link in Death, and that he would love to start a side project with a more classic metal feel, and someone like Dio covering the vocals. If you're a fan of Chuck's work, visit this site: http://www.emptywords.com/ It really gives some great insight into his life, his music, and everything else about him. It's amazing how respected he is across the metal scene. Even if you're not a fan, check out the site. He really seemed like a great guy. :)

Graeme :bassist:

10. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
  11. Favorite DEATH album for me would be Symbolic. I like the production too on that album.

12. dunharrow

dunharrow

Feb 22, 2005
    Minneapolis MN
    Pull the plug is a sweet, sweet tune. So I had to go with Leprosy.

13. ITP is my fav man DiGiorgio is such a good soloist but i would have picked one of the live ones but the bass in them isnt that good id go with ITP

14. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    ITP, but I also like Symbolic and the SP a lot.

15. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Heh heh, funny how things change. My favourite Death album is probably ITP now. Any other fans here?

Graeme

16. smartinson

smartinson

Dec 15, 2005
    Bettendorf, IA
    My favorite is The Sound of Perseverance. It was the first Death album I bought and still ranks as my favorite.

17. RHFusillo

RHFusillo Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ
    I like American Beauty.

Wait a minute. Did he say Dead or Death?

Never mind.

18. ITP

Human

Have you ever heard of Cynic? This is going back a long way for me but Cynic has two of the same guys as the Human record. Paul M. on guitar and Sean R. on drums. Fantastic stuff. I think the record is FOCUS. It is Death Metal in the vein of Death.

19. ya Digiorgio played on some Cynic albums too, there ok