Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

favourite ehs microsynth settings?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by David Wilson, Nov 12, 2002.

1. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    OK, I just picked up one of these second hand. unfortunately without a manual.

I've made some interesting sounds in my limited experiments so far. Anyone else care to share their favourite settings?

Of course, I say share and I don't have any to share yet. So really, I'm leeching
    :D

2. try the EH website...maybe you can download a manual...if my scanner was'nt on crack I would email it to you

3. ok! I figured I would just type this in...here goes.SYNTH SOUNDS:trig@10-sub@10-git@0-sq.wv@5-atk.dly.@0-res@10-startfreq.@10-stopfreq@5-rate@5..this is just one sample setting...experimentwith the voice controls(sub,git,oct,sq.wv.)the filter controlls(the last 4 from the right..res,start freq.,stop freq.,rate)comprise the filter sweep section.RESONANCE-effects the degree of sharpness or the "Q" of the filter.START FREQ.-determines the frequency at which the sweep begins.STOP FREQ.-determines the freq. at which the filter sweep ends.this is also the "resting frequency"and if the start and stop freqs. are set at the same level then no sweep will occur,but the filter will emphasizethat paticular freq.RATE-determines the speed at which the filter sweepsfrom "start" to "stop"freq.if you want "bowed sounds"use the ATTACK DELAY-determines the time required for the voice signals to reach full volume.higher settings can completly remove the initial attack of the instrument...more samples...PRECUSSIVE\SEQUENCER type sounds;trig@10-sub@10-git@10-oct@10-sq.wv.@10-atk.dly.@0-res.@0-start freq.@5-stop freq.@0....again experiment with the voice controlls...this info was broght to you by the E-H users manual...hope it helps

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Hey rekesbass, thanks a lot!

Actually, I dropped the folks at ehx an email and they sent me a copy of the manual in the mail the next day.

I'll post back some patches of my own once I've played round some more.

cheers!