favourite pedal to put before octave?!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by absolution42, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Hey guys just want to know your thoughts of effects being fed into an octave pedal. Let me know your secrets! I'm looking to put something before my OC-2

:D

2. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    My Boss TU-2.

3. Hector_G

Hector_G

Apr 6, 2009
    El Paso, Texas
    I absolutely love the way any of my gated fuzzes sound before my Octamizer.
    It just turns it into such a deep heavy thick sound. My favorites are the Dr. Scientist Frazz Dazzler, Devi Ever Bit, and my Wooly Mammoth clone.
    Huge sounds.

Here is a sample of the way my Frazz Dazzler sounds before my octave pedal.
    The Show by Hector G! on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
    At 1:28 you can hear the fuzz without the octave and notice what a difference there is.

4. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    before my Boss OC-2 comes the start of the effects loop for my Groove Regulator so TECHNICALLY....it comes first

5. Nice suggestions! Anyone else?

6. wolffman

wolffman

Oct 2, 2008
    Philadelphia PA
    Beta Tester: Red Panda Labs
    just last night I put my CR7 chorus before my OC-2. I liked it so much more than putting the chorus after... the chorus tends to diminish the attack of the octave- it also swooshes more. Putting it before the OC-2 gave some modulation without changing the synthy core sound of the solo'd -1 octave.

7. Toastfuzz

Toastfuzz

Jul 20, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I was having some fun playing my Big Muff after a MXR Bass Oct. Deluxe. Haven't had a chance to try the dirt first though, I'd expect it to mess with the tracking. Have an Oxide in the mail now so I'll try some gated fuzz before and after octave and let yinz know how it goes

8. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    I like only my cable and bass in front of my octave. Never had much luck trying other things, but maybe I should try some more.

9. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    With fretless (and when not using an envelope filter at all) I liked a compressor in front of the OC-2 for Pino type playing.

10. The only thing that comes before my octaver... is another octaver.

Silliness aside I don't run any other effects into my octaver even though my Line 6 M9 is second after my tuner (only because when I run other effects into it everything goes to crap).

11. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    Sometimes I use a Devy Ever Dark Boost or a Ziebek Cross Drive [discontinued] before an MXR octave delux. Both are very dark with a strong attack envelope and they make the octave sound more synthetic. Then it MUST go through a Wounded Paw Attack Goat or blended Watson superfuzz to restore the highs. Makes a square wave like a moog. Oh, and I track down to F# on the e string.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021