Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Favourite Shop and Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nikkibass, Oct 31, 2005.

1. nikkibass

nikkibass

Oct 31, 2005
    Hi Everyone,
    Hot looking site, very nice.
    Anyways, I was hoping for some help, I'm on the lookout for my first 5 string, so I'm looking around the net for the best pricing and service. I'm looking for some thing nice and fat like a Musicman or a Lakland GandL even boutique or something like that, just gotta rock and cut through.

Anyhoo, what I was hoping was if people could tell me there favourite bass store (and the web site address), and favourite 5 stringer in around that 2 grand mark (new or used)
    Nik

2. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    No fav shops just because philly has none.. Favorite bass bar none are Ken Smith basses. I own and have owned many and they always deliver...

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    ...and bassnw.com

4. Bass Northwest and for a awesome bass, check out the Dingwall Afterburner series! Best B's in the biz.

5. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Ain't that the sad, surprising truth. You'd think a place with such a rich bass history would have a high end bass shop. But I work in Delaware, which has no sales tax, and there's a good Fender dealer just down the pike, so I'll live.

Other sites would be www.elderly.com and rudysmusic.com.

6. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    I used to work in Delaware and remeber a decent shop that carried Alembic but i cannot remember the name of the joint...