1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Favourite Shop and Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nikkibass, Oct 31, 2005.

1. nikkibass

nikkibass

Oct 31, 2005
    Hi Everyone,
    Hot looking site, very nice.
    Anyways, I was hoping for some help, I'm on the lookout for my first 5 string, so I'm looking around the net for the best pricing and service. I'm looking for some thing nice and fat like a Musicman or a Lakland GandL even boutique or something like that, just gotta rock and cut through.

Anyhoo, what I was hoping was if people could tell me there favourite bass store (and the web site address), and favourite 5 stringer in around that 2 grand mark (new or used)
    Nik

2. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    No fav shops just because philly has none.. Favorite bass bar none are Ken Smith basses. I own and have owned many and they always deliver...

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    ...and bassnw.com

4. Bass Northwest and for a awesome bass, check out the Dingwall Afterburner series! Best B's in the biz.

5. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Ain't that the sad, surprising truth. You'd think a place with such a rich bass history would have a high end bass shop. But I work in Delaware, which has no sales tax, and there's a good Fender dealer just down the pike, so I'll live.

Other sites would be www.elderly.com and rudysmusic.com.

6. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    I used to work in Delaware and remeber a decent shop that carried Alembic but i cannot remember the name of the joint...