Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Favre '06?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Jan 8, 2006.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I'm thinking he is done. I realize there were several injuries on the team, but they don't have the horses to do any damage in the NFC anymore. I don't see him coming back in 2006. Anyone else want to weigh in on this before we get the official word from Favre?

I definitely hope he does not go to another team to give it one last try. That doesn't always seem to work out for the best.

-Mike

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I'd say it's 50/50 right now. I think with a few good draft picks, they are a contender again, as long as they re-sign Ahman Green, and Javon Walker is back healthy. Green and Gado would be a nice tandem in the backfield. The Packers have a TON of cap room this year, and could make a few moves, offensive guard being the biggest need. Having said that, the passing off of the ball to Rogers at the Seattle game didn't look like Brett was thinking of returning.

3. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I kinda hope he retires.

Favre's had a great run, and I don't like seeing someone of his talent and caliber go over the hill, and fizzle out.

Then again, it woul dbe nice to have Brett around for a couple of rebuilding seasons. He doesn't strike me as the type who will put down his pads and helmet and either pick up a clip board, or head the broadcasting booth. He'll go home to Mississippi, and live his life quietly with his family.

4. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    It's a tough call. All the commentary has been from others. I think there's some truth to the fact that if they hire someone he is either familiar with or who won't change the offinse all that much, there's a chance he'll stay. I think he can still be productive with the right draft picks and free agent signings. If we're not much better personell-wise, he'll retire. He has said he will not play for another team.

Don't expect an announcement until a new head coach is hired.

5. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    The Packers, that's Red's team :)