1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Favre Retiring.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Golden Boy, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Just announced, Brett Favre is retiring...

Jive's gonna be happy.

The rest of the football fans will be sad.

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
  3. Mike Money

Mike Money In Memoriam

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    :(

That sucks.

He gave us cheeseheads a lot, though. Definite hall of famer.

4. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    At least he went out after an amazing season.

Sucks if you are on his team now.

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    What do you think - does Buck Rodgers have what it takes to inherit the mantle of "Most Interceptions Thrown" or does Brett get to hold on to that for a while? ;)

6. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Celebrate good times, come on!

Let's all celebrate and have a good time.

7. I hear Dave Klingler is mad about that- he's coming out of retirement.

8. Sad day up here in the badger state!!! And re: the interception record.... I think he'll probably keep that one a while. And the consecutive starts by a QB, I'd wager he gets to keep that one forever. GO PACK!

9. Just looked that up... I seem to remember every pass Klingler ever threw was an INT....

10. Favre is one of the all-time greats.

I will take his interception record in a split-second, as long as it also comes with his touchdown record!!!!!!!!! (Geez, talk about people who see a glass as half-empty...)

11. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I'm a Bears fan that lives in Wisconsin. The amount of crap I take at work, amongst my inlaw family, and the general population allows me to have a less than optimistic view about Favre. Any chance I get to poke at the Fudgepackers is a plus in my book. Packers fans are usually so easy to rile up that it makes it pretty fun. :D

12. Wow. That sucks. I thought for sure he'd be back after not only his great season, but the horrific note he ended it on. :(

13. Now THAT, I fully understand!

The taste of sour grapes can get real old. :p

14. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    He's been with them for like what, 15 years?
    That's a long time man.

15. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Obviously, one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game. So, from that perspective, it's sad.

But--and despite my location, I'm not a diehard Bears fan, I haven't lived here that long--I'm so glad I won't have to hear sportscasters endlessly fawning over his "love of the game" anymore, or the constant speculation over his retirement that's come up every season for at least five years. (And Favre himself has only fed into this "will he or won't he?" hype.)

16. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Wow.

Well, now all those so-called Packer fans who were critical of Favre can finally see what he meant to the team.

Rodgers will be a good QB for the Packers...but man, we were spoiled by Favre.

It was a great, long run and now it's over.

17. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton valar morghulis Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    the only sad thing about this is, his last throw was an interception.

18. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The best thing about this is that his unbelievable "iron man" consecutive starts record wasn't broken by injury.

19. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    'Ol Brett wasn't feeling too much pain during the mid 90's so it's not that unbelievable. Granted, it's a problem that he beat but it's still a shadow that hangs over his record.