1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FBass AC6 - Alain Caron Fretless 6 - signed by the man himself!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Mik Walker, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Mik Walker

Mik Walker Supporting Member

Dec 26, 1999
    Price:
    Strings:
    So, the trimming and thinning of the copse continues.... I am the second owner of this amazing bass. It is in immaculate condition. No nicks, dings or scratches that I can see.. I took very good care of my gear and this has been babied while in my care. I have only ever strung it with flats so board wear is very minimal, and it sounds superb with them. The bass comes with a Protec F-Bass gig bag in very good condition except for the plastic ends of the zipper tags falling off (!!??). List price for these basses is $7,200!

The bass was signed by Alain Caron himself, on the back of the headstock, during a clinic the first owner attended. Apparently Mr C. doesn't usually sign his signature basses.

Specs:
    • Tiger Maple body with Spruce Top
    • 3-piece QS Maple neck with 28 "frets" Gabon Ebony fretboard
    • Hand made Gabon Ebony bridge
    • African Blackwood knobs
    • RMC Piezo pickups under the saddles + F-Bass stacked single-coil/hum-cancelling magnetic pickup in the sweet spot
    • 19mm string spacing
    • 34.5' Scale length
    The caliber of this bass is such that I wouldn't usually let something like this go but, amazingly, I find I am not playing it enough and have some loans that need paying off so....... here is a golden opportunity for someone seeking the King of Fretlesses!

Thanks for looking...

IMG_1804.JPG IMG_1806.JPG
    IMG_1796.JPG
    IMG_1798.JPG IMG_1801.JPG

IMG_1804.JPG IMG_1806.JPG IMG_1809.JPG IMG_1810.JPG IMG_1813.JPG IMG_1794.JPG

2. The King. Reigns supreme above all other fretless basses!

Mik Walker and skb5string like this.
  3. Wow!

Mik Walker and Barticus like this.
  4. Mik Walker

Mik Walker Supporting Member

Dec 26, 1999
    Yes indeed!

5. rnlytton

rnlytton Supporting Member

May 23, 2003
    Naples, FL
    I'll take it!