1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD FBass Alain Caron fretless 5 - AC5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Jerry J, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    This is a smokin' bass for sure and I am far from being a smokin' fretless player. But with the job that I am doing now I end up out of town almost 100% of the time.:( I am greatful for having a job but all of my basses are being ignored right now except for my Steinburger travel bass. I just figure that rather than keeping the AC5 I should move on and use the funds for catching up on some bills.

I should note that I won't ship out of the lower 48.

2. badbenson

badbenson Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2007
    LBC
    Just back from the NAMM show here in Anahiem. Spent some serious time at the F Bass booth, and I can honestly say that this bass for the asking price is the steal of a lifetime. These basses rule and what they say about them being the best fretless out there is true. I like so many others at the NAMM show got swept up in pure tone brothers and sisters. I in fact ordered an F-Bass but with lessor strings, an unfortunately more $$$$$$$. This bass is a steal people, believe that.

3. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Bump for a fantastic guy. I haven't played this particular one, but I trust Jerry all the way. He usually ends up with the most amazing basses, and I'm sure this is no exception.

4. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Bart, thank you for the kind words and compliment.

5. bottomzone

bottomzone Gold Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2005
    Very few can approach Alain Caron's level of virtuosity let alone attain it!!! That's what the woodshed is for!

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

6. njjazzman2002

njjazzman2002 Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2007
    New Jersey
    bump for a beautiful bass guitar and a top notch TBer. Somebody needs to jump on this one...

7. AztecViking

AztecViking Supporting Member

Oct 12, 2010
    EndlessSummerVille, CA
    No doubt that's a hellava fretless but well beyond my price range.

8. rick carter

rick carter Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Eugene Oregon
    I'm interested in the Fbass but I'm working on selling an upright first. I'm located in Eugene - maybe I can come up to Ptown and play it a little? I know it's a good price already but if you drop it more I might have to jump on it before I have cash...(as in taking out a temp. loan) Rick

9. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Rick, I tried to send you a PM but you have that option turned off. If you could send me a message to my email we can discuss some things. Thank you!

10. rick carter

Aug 7, 2007
    Eugene Oregon
    E-mailed

11. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    bump

12. rick carter

Aug 7, 2007
    Eugene Oregon
    PM'd

13. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Pending - Thank you all!

14. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Sold

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 13, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.