1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Fbass BN5, Buckeye Burl, Maccasar Ebony, Excellent

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ModulusTBX, Jul 9, 2017.

1. ModulusTBX

ModulusTBX Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2009
    MA
    Price:
    $3499
    Strings:
    $3499 (includes prompt shipping). PayPal OK.

I would prefer a cash sale. The only trades that I would consider would be a Ken Smith 5, or 6 string bass, and possibly a Modulus Quantum 5.

This is the best BN5 that I've ever played. The B-string sounds fantastic, due in part to the rigidity of the Maccasar ebony finger board. Each note rings like a bell, very piano like. The action can go low and she plays like butter. What I love about the BN5 is how much bass tone comes through naturally. The BN5 always sounds sweet, never brittle or stale. This one in particular is a pure tone monster. The Buckeye Burl is something to behold. If you look closely, you can see that the Buckeye has a really nice wavy/quilted appearance. I've never seen this with Buckeye before. Looks amazing in person. Fbass offers the best fit and finish in the business. If you are looking to end your search for the best sounding BN5, this is it!

Description: 2006 Fbass BN5, 34.5 Scale, 22 frets
    -Excellent Condition, 3 very, very tiny dings on the back, I will try to post a pic of this.
    -Buckeye Burl Top W/Matching Headstock.
    -Ceruse Finish On Ash Body.
    -Maccasar Ebony Finger Board
    -Black Hardware
    -New Fbass Labella Strings W/Set-Up
    -Includes Soft Fbass Case
    -Weight-10.5 pounds, Not an Issue as the Bass Balances Perfectly.

This is a real tough decision for me. All of my current gigs are on drums, so I need to let go of some of my basses in oder to purchase some more durable drums, and hardware, that can travel better than what I already own.

Please feel free to ask questions, or voice concerns that you might have. I will check my messages often and try to reply as quickly as I can. Included shipping is for the lower 48 states. The only other country that I may consider shipping to would be Canada.

Attached Files:

Reviresco, AB Nate, Afc70 and 2 others like this.
  2. lposavad

lposavad Supporting Member

If only I was gainfully employed... :(

ModulusTBX likes this.
  3. Wow I'm in Massachusetts I would love to play this

4. jeffbassguy

jeffbassguy "Less is more, unless the guitarist sucks" Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2001
    connecticut
    bump

ModulusTBX likes this.
  5. ModulusTBX

Feb 5, 2009
    MA
    I'm open to reasonable offers. I don't know where anyone will find an Fbass that plays this well and sounds this good. I really wish that I could keep her.

6. Hab101

Hab101

Nov 18, 2013
    Private message

7. ModulusTBX

Feb 5, 2009
    MA
    This bass is on hold, pending full payment.

8. @fbenitz

@fbenitz

Sep 7, 2014
    Still??