SOLD Fbass BN5 Fretless with Dymondwood fingerboard

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Erik Turkman, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Erik Turkman

Erik Turkman Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2004
    Washington, DC area
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    I am putting a feeler out there to see how much interest there is in this Fbass BN5 fretless bass. This is an extremely rare model and is not a standard BN5F. I got this bass directly from George Furlanetto. This bass has a Dymondwood fingerboard with inlaid ebony fret markers, and there are white side markers at every position. This bass also has a metal bridge, like a regular BN5, instead of the wooden bridge found on most fretless Fbasses. The body is swamp ash, with a maple neck, and a cherry burst finish with enhanced grain. The pictures look more orange than the bass really is, as it has more red in it. It is in very good condition all around and comes with an Fbass gig bag and a nice Fbass leather strap. The fingerboard is in good shape. My bathroom scale says it weighs 9 pounds. The only comparable bass I could find was the one described at: BN5 5 String #390503 | In Stock Instruments | F Bass, Inc. I have both a fretted and fretless BN5, so switching between them was effortless. Sadly, both basses are now for sale. See my other listing for the fretted BN5.

I searched long and hard for a bass that had what I thought was the perfect fretless tone. I tried basses from various big name makers, even had one custom made, and none of them got the sound I had in my head. Finally, I found the sound I was seeking, and a whole lot more, in this particular instrument. I’m sure I will regret selling it, but I’m just not playing enough these days to justify hanging onto it. This bass deserves to be played. Price is $3,300 including shipping to the CONUS. Paypal accepted with shipping to Paypal address only. Bass is in Maryland, just outside of DC. I will consider a discount for a cash sale and local pickup. I am not really looking for trades. Please start conversation if you have serious interest. Thanks.

BN5 fretless front.jpg

BN5 fretless back.jpg BN5 fretless fingerboard.jpg

BN5 fretless head front.jpg BN5 fretless full.jpg

31HZ, AztecViking, bass08053 and 2 others like this.
  2. 31HZ

31HZ Supporting Member

Wow.

3. Erik Turkman

Jan 18, 2004
    Washington, DC area
    It sure is a rare beauty.

4. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, CANADA
    Nice. Dymonwood is a very special board on an Fbass. Magnificent for fretless. GLWTS.

5. Erik Turkman

Jan 18, 2004
    Washington, DC area
    Thanks, it is a magnificent sounding instrument.

6. Erik Turkman

Jan 18, 2004
    Washington, DC area
    Still available.

7. Erik Turkman

Jan 18, 2004
    Washington, DC area
    I might consider trading for a fretted Ken Smith 5 string. Open to reasonable offers.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021