No longer available FBass BN5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by puckwall, Apr 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Price:
    Strings:
    I'm really on the fence about this, but I'm going away for 6 weeks with work and I could use the cash for my upright which is in need of more repair work. Up for sale is the best F Bass I have personally played. The reason I say so is that the neck has the broken in feel of my 64 P bass, and it is the lightest most balanced F Bass I've had my hands on. The body is well-worn, as you can see by the pics, and the finish on the neck is broken in perfectly (to my tastes) which is a vintage feel. According to my bathroom scale, it weighs 8lbs, 10 ounces. Standard pre-amp, and the usual and very comfortable 45mm width at neck, and 19mm string spacing. The bass is dead silent and the neck is like any Fbass - flawless sound top to bottom. Comes with used heavily padded F Bass gig bag. Zipper on front pocket needs repair. If you are looking to get into an F Bass at a killer price and don't need a showroom piece, this might be for you. Take a good look at the pictures. She has scars, nicks, scratches etc. But she also has a nasty growl and real purr to her, and like all F Basses, has a ton of versatility, from slap and modern, to a sweet/fat vintage sound. If you can't travel a lot of gear, this is a 5er you can take to any gig. Bass is a 1998, Nitro finish, and has split coil pickups. Any questions, please ask. Not interested in trades. $2150 O.B.O. shipped CONUS and Canada.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  2. BASSPLAYERS4HIM

BASSPLAYERS4HIM Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Maryland
    8 lbs 10 ounces.....NICE!

what year is the question?

3. fedenybass

fedenybass Supporting Member

Love it! Looks like you and here have been through many gigs. This oozes mojo. Must be a rough one for you to see go. Good luck.

4. It's a 1998 according to the serial number.

5. BASSPLAYERS4HIM

BASSPLAYERS4HIM Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Maryland
    6 more years and this bass will be 25 years making a Vintage piece of instrument......
    I WOULD HOLD ON TO IT....if I were you!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  6. Probably good advice. :)

7. Killer.

8. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, CANADA
    Great bass built during a great time!

9. ryanowens

ryanowens Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 1, 2004
    Houston
    Trickfish Amplificaton
    PM'd

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021