SOLD Fbass BN6 - Price Reduced!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Archaeobass, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Archaeobass

Archaeobass

Dec 12, 2008
    Price:
    Strings:
    $2400 Fbass BN6 This black beauty is up on the block, because I've concluded that I'm not a six string guy. However, this bass also made me a total Fbass convert - so much so that I bought a brand new BN5 and ordered a new VF5-PJ in the same week, and I've been selling practically every other bass I own. I just don't need them any more, because I have reached the mountain top...

I bought this bass last summer. Original thread here, with more pictures. This bass is a repair, as outlined in the previous thread, but I've personally inspected it and had my local luthier give it a once over to reverse engineer the process, and it is a prefect fix for all intents and purposes.

I contacted the guys at Fbass to make an ebony ramp, which perfectly follows the curvature of the pickups. It is installed with double sided tape and is totally removable. It also looks mean with the satin black finish, which gives this bass a look that is equally at home in a metal band or a jazz ensemble.

Ships in an Fbass Protec Contego bag to CONUS. Not super interested in trades, but will consider fair $ offers.

IMG_20170219_132553331.jpg IMG_20170219_132723353_HDR.jpg IMG_20170219_132731092_HDR.jpg IMG_20170219_132738914_HDR.jpg IMG_20170219_132914220.jpg IMG_20170219_132956925.jpg IMG_20170219_133010863.jpg

2. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, CANADA
    Killer F. Wish I played 6. GLWTS!

Archaeobass likes this.
  3. SevenReasons

SevenReasons

Nov 18, 2005
    Alberta
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall Guitars, Ashdown Amps
    Gorgeous. You are going to love the VF. I loved my BN but the VF was something special. Congrats and GLWTS.

Archaeobass likes this.
  4. YCBass

YCBass

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Sexy beast.

Archaeobass likes this.
  5. Archaeobass

Archaeobass

Dec 12, 2008
    She's a beauty folks.

wellso74 and dizbass like this.
  6. Shpigel

Shpigel

Sep 19, 2016
    drool

Archaeobass likes this.
  7. Archaeobass

Archaeobass

Dec 12, 2008
    I'll add this: the ergonomics of this bass are unbelievable. The top horn's position over the 11th fret pulls first position towards the player, so there is negligible left hand stretching to reach the low notes. Combined with the 34.5" scale, you end up with an extraordinarily comfortable-playing bass.

bass08053, wellso74 and Tom7 like this.
  8. Archaeobass

Archaeobass

Dec 12, 2008
    I'm in no rush to sell, but I'm feeling froggy this weekend. Knocking a $100 off the price, because why not?

9. Tom7

Tom7 I'm so bright, my mom called me son! ;-)

Jan 31, 2000
    Eagle River, Alaska
    For those who aren't familiar with how wonderful sounding and versatile FBass BN6s are, here's a quick sample of a BN6 with the same specs as the one being sold here:

bass08053 and Archaeobass like this.
  10. wellso74

wellso74 Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Richmond, Virginia
    I am the original owner- the only reason why I sold it was to help finance another BN6 that was more custom in nature. This is a fantastic bass! I miss it! The seller is a straight shooter! buy with confidence!

Archaeobass likes this.
  11. Archaeobass

Archaeobass

Dec 12, 2008
    Thanks for the kind words, Wells. Yeah, this bass is beauty AND the beast. In the short time I've owned her, she changed my musical life - at least as pertains to instruments. My BN5 is perfection, and I wouldn't have found it without this bass.

wellso74 likes this.
  12. JBoogy

JBoogy

Aug 25, 2015
    Pensacola, FL
    I am so curious about this bass, I play 6 string and with tax refund check on its way, looking to get a new bass. I have only ever played Ibanez 6 strings, but not because of any great allegiance. Thats just whats available when you go in a store. I have long wondered about high end basses but they are mostly unattainable for me. Now I have a chance to step to the edge of the $2k range soon and I keep looking at this bass. It is beautiful. And F Bass's reputation is amazing. Being this will be my only bass, is there any issues? A bass that has a prior repair makes me nervous, but maybe thats dumb? I am looking at some other ones in the 15-1800 range like MTD's and Keisel. Is there going to be a noticeable difference between a new MTD Kingston (made in China I think?) vs this one? I am struggling so hard on whether to go after a high end one like this once my check gets in or to play it safe and go new and little cheaper. This bass is my favorite aesthetically of all the ones I have been drooling over, and I keep coming back to it.

13. bass08053

bass08053 Supporting Member

May 8, 2008
    New Jersey

If I may step in to say something real quick if that's ok. F Basses are of the finest quality and sound you can just about get. I've played so many different brands and they just don't compare to my F. I've played a Kingston and it just doesn't hold a candle. I've even played American MTD basses and still the F won for me. This is an incredible price for this bass! If I needed a 6, this would be it. -Rich

wellso74 and JBoogy like this.
  14. Archaeobass

Archaeobass

Dec 12, 2008
    She's on hold pending payment!

15. Gualo

Gualo

Dec 9, 2005
    Mexico!!
    Endorsing Artist: Fender Mexico, Swr Amps, Jimmy Wess Strings
    Sold?? Let me Know!

16. Archaeobass

Archaeobass

Dec 12, 2008
    And SOLD!

17. JBoogy

JBoogy

Aug 25, 2015
    Pensacola, FL
    YAY!

18. Tom7

Jan 31, 2000
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Be sure and let the new owner know about Club Fbass, here on talkbass.com.

JBoogy likes this.
  19. JBoogy

JBoogy

Aug 25, 2015
    Pensacola, FL
    Fedex should arrive any minute and I can officially join :) It is New Bass Day!

Tom7 likes this.
  20. Tom7

Jan 31, 2000
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Just post a photo in club fbass, and you are in!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021