1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fbass Question. Legit?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RedLeg, Apr 7, 2009.

1. RedLeg

RedLeg Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Kaiserslautern, Germany
    Nov Shmoz Ka Pop?
    saw this for sale and was wondering if it is the real deal. I am very ignorant about fbass. Can an AC6 come fully passive with 3 knobs only?
    I checked the website and found nothing but active with passive bypass and 6 knobs. here is a pic.
    fbass.

2. DyerWolf

DyerWolf

Jun 3, 2007
    If it's not an Fbass it's a pretty high quality copy. I don't know why someone would go through the trouble to recreate a relatively small operation to such detail, so I am going to guess that it's probably legit.

3. Yes, this used to be standard and George will make a passive AC by reuqest I believe...
    Beautiful bass!

4. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Pretty sure it could be real. I played a passive 6 FBass at Gelb in Redwood City, CA a few years ago.

5. XavidmanX

XavidmanX

Jun 29, 2006
    Bakersfield, CA
    You should post this question in the F bass forum and see what the guys in the know over there have to say.