1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FBass VF5 70s style

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by funk_in4, Feb 7, 2021.

1. funk_in4

funk_in4 Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Endorsing Artist: D'Addario strings
    Price:
    Strings:
    Canada
    Selling a spectacular FBass VF5 with pristine FBass gig bag. The bass features an Olympic white gloss finish over a northern ash center tone block with ash wings and a maple neck/maple fingerboard combination with matching finished headstock. Electronics include proprietary 3 band FBass preamp comprised of 2 volume controls and a passive tone control with A/P push/pull switch as the upper row of 3 controls, and a three band/boost only tone section for the lower 3 controls. Aguilar HC pickups are placed in 70s JBass locations-this bass is the epitomy of 70s Jazz bass tone in a superior 5 string vehicle. The neck is incredibly comfortable (19 mm spacing at the bridge) and the body seems to melt into your shape. Currently set up with moderately low action using NYXL D'Addarios, the bass has a dead on straight neck (little tension needed on the truss rod) and excellent frets so the action can go cleanly lower than most player's technique could manage to play. The gig bag is extremely high quality and virtually unused.
    The only caveat is that the fingerboard is slightly flawed from the factory, as shown in one of the photos. This flaw is pretty much invisible from more than a couple of feet away and has no impact on tone or playability. As well, there are a couple of very minor dings as shown.
    Price is in USD and includes regular ground shipping in Canada or continental US. I've never shipped outside of North America and am not comfortable doing so. The only trades I may be interested in are for a 5 string US MTD bass.

Attached Files:

2. Blunder

Blunder Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Fort McMurray, AB
    Any videos?

3. funk_in4

Sep 27, 2007
    Hi! No, nothing high enough quality to share. I could do a phone video if you like.

4. Blunder

Blunder Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Fort McMurray, AB
    Yeah I’d be fine with that !

funk_in4 likes this.
  5. funk_in4

Sep 27, 2007
    Ummm... Super bowl... The Weeknd.... I am Canadian, after all haha

6. Mjazzzz

Mjazzzz

Apr 24, 2019
    Envías a Chile?
    Will You send to Chile, latíno América?

funk_in4 likes this.
  7. funk_in4

Sep 27, 2007
    I just sent an IM.

8. Mjazzzz

Mjazzzz

Apr 24, 2019
    I sent a pm!

funk_in4 likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 14, 2021